Tech: Resource distribution metrics

His numbers may be a little out of date from what the servers are actually using (there’s a copy in the game client)

Wait… no, you’re right, I’m wrong. Corruption is that stuff you see in the dev-city square

3 Likes

Some of the walls in sanctum are made of corruption.

5 Likes

Sanctum inspection forthcoming! Thanks guys! :grin:

2 Likes

I believe it’s the black block with red lines.

4 Likes

If my memory serves me well, there was an idea of corrupted creatures at some point too, but not sure if they’re still going that route … there’s a corrupted groundbasher in this thread

…and mention of corruption again just last month … [quote=“james, post:12, topic:6789”]
The objectives can vary from extremely generic: “Mine any 5 blocks”, to extremely defined: “Travel to Therka and mine 5 Ancient Corruption from the base of a glacier”.
[/quote]

so it sounds like it will be a mineable block

4 Likes

So about the chart: now only Solum works as a starter planet should? But why is that? What are you testing? Just curious. (My friend just started to play yesterday on EU Therka, luckily he is not at the stage where you need the 2nd type of ancient tech piece, cause as I see there is less than 10 of it in the whole planet. If he wants to go to an other planet by his own (not using other players portals, market etc) he couldnt cause without the said ancient tech he cant make spark core, no spark core = no location picker.)

PS: And diamond is the most common gem?

Yes the diamonds are currently the most common gem.

One solution for tech components vs warp picker/spark, make it just use gold instead of gold alloy. Possible solution.

I must admit I was wrong! After I mined on the starting planets, I realized I like the new resource distribution, its not perfect (mainly because there are too much silver), but very good to start the game (Solum which uses the old resource distribution I think is just too abundant). Actually until you can leave a planet by your own it is finally reasonable to use stone (and maybe even wooden) tools! And you cant make 100 workbenches at the start with that much ancient tech fragments. You just need to change the recipe for the warp location picker (wark shard), but I know its in your to-do list, and of course make a more informative tutorial but its WIP too… So I just wanted to say, good work! :wink:

4 Likes

The chart is MUCH appreciated, but what do you mean by “Flora” and “Flora Special”? I’ve found soft and medium coal exclusively in metamorphic and igneous rock so far, along with the, very rare, small fossil and somewhat rare ancient tech.

After mining for a number of hours in various soil types, still no iron. Yes, I’ve mined here and there in widely separated spots.

Am on Berlyn.

Get off Berlyn and get on Solum for iron and tech frags and tech components. All starter planets except Solum sucks severely for starter resources.

Ah, that makes sense. So, how do I get off the planet? I looked around in town but didn’t see any portals. Do I need to build one myself or something like that?

Find the Berlyn township and use the portal there to get to Solum.
-1704, 100, -139

1 Like

I’ll stop by Berlyn to check in :slight_smile:

I am standing at the Berlyn Township portal gateway.

btw… I can come get you to lead you to berlyn township

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay. Working as well as playing. Unfortunately, work comes first. I’ve been to the township, so should be able to find it OK.
Thanks.

BTW, do you know how to turn off debug mode?

Press “.” Multiple times till it is back.

Resources can only be found in rock and ice. Flora or soils only count as types of block that a given resource “likes” to spawn under or close to.

In rock and glacier actually, not ice.

But I can’t understand what is “Flora Special” too. Perhaps, the Flora is a long grass and the Flora Special is some flower.

Also you can find in Sanctum a Titan Skin and a Titan Flesh blocks. Go and find it out before v165 when Sanctum will be changed!

1 Like