Tell me please, why are you so reluctant of giving Footfall coin

All be it, it doesn’t massively change much players holding onto great amounts of coin, and that isn’t the main issue here.

Saying that, That would be true if there was a continuous stream of new players. But with a small continuous player base which technically is diminishing, I feel that it does damage the economy… People have to grind more to get an abundance of items to sell which in turn drives prices up and harder for newer players to stick around when they do come.

Same as IRL, that type of economy suits the wealthy, but restricts the poorer (new players)

1 Like

A newish player tries to run a solid shop, it’s a good shop, but that shop is not in a “relevant” area. He struggles to make the coin that would have incentivized his efforts, he gives up on the game because the way he found enjoyable to make his mark in the economy is daunting if not impossible. All the while, the player who grabbed a bunch of key plots during some hub builder’s building phase is now making bank with a crappy shop for his predatorial strategy. Good strategy, but we lost another player because of a bad mechanic.

2 Likes

The conversation is not about my dislike being more valid that others liking. People that focus on that are having some issue around “worth” or see conversations in the context of one person thinking they are better than another person. That is not how the group of people I am talking about see this issue on FF.

The point of view for those that dislike this type of game play is along these two points:

1. they feel it is an abuse of a game mechanic and do not feel it should be done. They might have a variety of reasons for this.
  2. they enjoy the Boundless landscape and when you see other player builds you like to be inspired and in almost all cases footfall slides don’t come off that way.
  3. they enjoy the Boundless landscape and dislike seeing things floating in the air or being a streak of flashing lights or big blocks up in the sky. It becomes a distraction to the small area of beauty they are trying to create for themselves because every time they look up they see this build. It becomes an annoyance.

There are a half dozen malls a new player can make a shop in. You can also place a shop off of a portal hub, I run a small forge off of a PS hub and make 500c a day just from FF with little extra effort or advertising. I have seen people who only recently started large shops and advertised well and do very well. Your argument that you can not succeed now does not really hold weight. Lastly you do not need a shop or FF at all to be successful in Boundless. Hell you could just surface gather and trade your spicy beans for whatever you want.

Hahaha. Thanks. It would be great if i got coin for people dying on my lands. I’m already just waiting for the lava to make more death traps. And to make the reapers trials harder.

@bucfanpaka
I’m not sure I’ve got your soul yet? Looking in my jar of souls now. :thinking:

1 Like

They dislike, they think (in their OPINION) that it is an abuse, they dislike. Sounds like people trying to enforce their personal preferences on others. Once again I ask why is your personal preference more important than that of people who like these things? Are you somehow more valuable than those players?

1 Like

I’ll have to attempt your Reaper trials sometime, you’d be sure then to have my soul 1000x over. :joy: My corpse you have already, I left that in the grave you dug me… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Perhaps you could pull off some necromancy and have yourself a Paka thrall to do grunt work around your town…

1 Like

Oooh… or make an “advanced” course. Too bad there’s not something we could put in a shop stand that would be an emblem of being an “advanced” reaper.

2 Likes

Make an alt named “Advanced Reaper” have them forge items to give away as trophies for completion.

3 Likes

Oooh, maybe make them all umbris themed. The hardest trials have the best rewards.

1 Like

As much as i like a good conversation, i seem to have a Hand for Picking Topics that enrage the People :slight_smile:
I herebyask a moderator to close this thread and Keep the AH thread closed aswell.
I got a Picture for myself now after this and the other thread and will give it some time to dry.

Again, thank you all for the conversations, ideas and Points that have been brought up.

3 Likes

That would be a helluva expensive trophy lol.

1 Like

Closed at OP request