Tell me please, why are you so reluctant of giving Footfall coin

I didn’t say rich players were the problem, I was explaining that players sitting on so much coin do nothing for the economy. Perhaps players with so much coin could run a large shop. A lot like Alu Tech for example. That guy quite clearly has a lot of coin, but constantly has millions in request baskets so that players are able to sell items to make money. Whilst running a store selling the items he buys.

Simple economics.

A player with a lot of coin has zero obligation to do that. Not everyone with millions wants to run a shop.

Footfall really seems to be the marmite of this game; people either seem to love it or hate it.

I’m fairly ambivalent on the whole thing (i’ll eat marmite if desperate…) but I certainly don’t begrudge anyone footfall coin, and if they have devised a clever way to gain ff, that doesn’t hinder my progress (!), then good for them. The only reason I won’t run across a build is because there is a wall in there way.

I did set up several beacons with alts at my hub a while back, as an experiment, just to see if I could generate income (portals have cost) and I have made a little scratch but doesn’t really contribute much to the running of the hub…a tiny percent compared to my shop and minter income.
With the introduction of the minter, I’m a little puzzled as to why footfall is still such a concern for the average Oort, for either those for it or against it.
The rest of my build is mostly on a single beacon (27mill out of 30mill)

If the dev’s decide to tighten the system up or get completely change how it works or even get rid of it, then I’m perfectly fine with that. Would feel bad for other players who don’t have an alternative method of income or for those expensively run planet hubs though…

Join the Golden Fist’s Minting Guild and bring some of those sweet things people mint and you’ll make a pretty mint. Like it was Mint to be.

4 Likes

This would only be true if coin was scarce and precious. As it is coin is generated from thin air, so the people who need the economy still have access to coin since the game generates it as needed.

Does best possible Mortal Kombat movie impersonation

YOUR SOUL IS MINE!! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I actually had reapers in mind as I typed that too lol

2 Likes

Are you asking me that question? I have no idea? Am I an authority on the matter? If your statement was merely rhetorical, why was it directed at me. I am becoming increasingly intollerant toward the toxicity on these forums and I will call it out. Check my post history, I am one of the most positive community members. I come in here to an opinion post and give my strong opinion, that is what the OP asked for. Your response is full of generalizations and assumptions. Let it be known, I am done with the flaming and passive aggressive replies. These forums used to be very very cordial and respectful. I will take issue.

3 Likes

More rhetorical, I constantly see people posting about FF as if it is a serious issue even tho they do not even go to the places that generate lots of FF. I have seen multiple posts that effectively state “it is not really an issue, I do not make use of it and it really does not affect me but since I find it offensive on an intellectual level I think it should be removed/changed and people who do use it are somehow bad for doing so”. That is ridiculous and reeks of the current trend of “if it offends me it must be changed”. Also if you can not take someone disagreeing or commenting then why post in a public form xd.

Someone sitting on coin would only be an issue if coin was scarce, it is generated as needed by the game. “Selfish player who cares only about status” this is what my comment was about, so the player who cares about status is bad in your eyes? Some people like to watch numbers go up, some like to collect all the gleam in the universe, some play for high prestige builds ect ect. Who are we to judge them, sitting on coin or destroying it on purpose by porting for no reason does not harm anyone.

Fact is, it was put in the game to be used. So yes people will use it to generate an income and should not be scowled upon for using it either?

Every single hub you go into is beaconed with multiple ults (something I only got explained to me yesterday mind)

If you have such a problem with people abusing the ability to make coin from FF, then why haven’t you got the same negativity toward say Shimmering orb farms or any farm infact? They both abuse a mechanic placed in the game.

Why can’t we all just get along and help each other, regardless of if you’re playing the game and happen to run over 20 different beacons giving someone coin… boring debate, from what I’d define selfish players in a COMMUNITY game.

2 Likes

People like to setup others and denote them as “bad”, then you can hold yourself up as a pillar of virtue and feel “good”. Just a theory =)

for me it is not a problem, i dont really care, however i will take a hazard at a guess of why i think some other people might care. I think some people are reluctant of giving footfall because they themselves for whatever reason think are not getting enough footfall, and this might be their idea of a „Protest“ against it. Also I think a few players who have problems with other players will refuse to step in to that players plot. Or for some reason think that players plot is „Abuse“ of a system.

In my book there is no such thing as a footfall trap, as it doses nothing to entrap the player inside. and haves no negative effects on the player that walked into it. That player made the choice to walk into the plot or into the area. and therefore that player consented to giving footfall to that plot. there is nothing trap like about it.

If the plot also resulted in killing the player, or putting a player in a situation where they cannot exit the area with out returning to the sanctum then an argument for a trap can be made.

I feel that many players seem to take footfall a bit too personally and it promotes bad behaviors.

4 Likes

They exist. That is a statement of fact. I was making a point though, not passing judgement per se. My point is that the economy suffers because someone found a way to maximize footfall/coin input but there was only take, no give back. That damages the economy and essentially, that is what this thread is about.

2 Likes

Primarily the group of people that I talk to are mixed on whether they like footfall or not. But, we do not like how some people chose to get footfall - footfall slides, prestige spam, etc. Due to those factors and game play type of people we want it removed or nerfed.

If footfall happen only as it was originally intended and not abused more than likely we would be fine with it.

An interesting effect of hubs is that alot of their footfall gets rolled into oort baskets to support the portals and this in turn gives income to alot of players.

Describe to me how it damages the economy. From what I can see the economy is largely stable. Again, people not spending money does not hurt others simply because the game just makes more coin regardless.

My argument since the beginning is that footfall should have rewarded the explorer more than the builder. Reward the builder in other ways, but stimulated the economy through exploration. Portals plus beacon footfall equals limited exploration. Versus… Footfall rewarded to the explorer equals exploration and economy. To me that is more true to the nature of this game.

2 Likes

Why does what you “like” matter? Why is your dislike more valid than others like of it?

Describe these other ways. I find that a lot of players who prefer to build and little else are enabled to do so both by footfall and the minter. Options let people play in ways they find enjoyable.