Testing 168 - Report issues here

Please report all issues discovered in Testing 168 in this thread.

3 Likes

Perhaps this isn’t a big deal, but during the tutorial in the sanctum, items can’t be moved around (for example I prefer totem in left hand, rather than right hand). This is not an issue after the warp is opened for the first time, but thought I’d bring it up anyway.

Another issue in this section I noticed was when the warp conduit item was spawned, it took me a while to realise where it was (since it was on the floor and I was looking up at the time).

Edit: Also for everyone not on the testing, the totem can break ice now (which is not an issue, it’s actually great!) :scream:

Edit2: After learning Basic Crafting Recipes for the first time, the new recipes did not show up in the crafting menu until I moved some trunks around in my inventory.

Tools have listed durability when right clicking; It wasn’t initially obvious to me that this only represents the maximum durability, and not the current.

I made the beacon control and destroyed the campfire but now I have the “Build a temporary campfire objective” again, even though I had already completed it. *this bug with the objective also causes a problem when you reach level 4 and gain an additional objective slot, as you will still be unable to access the objectives journal while the currently tracked objective is still this tutorial one; I built another campfire and equipped it as per the objective and it did not become complete; I also placed it down and that did not cause completion either. Restarted the game at this point but no difference occurred. I was able to solve this bug by making another campfire and placing it on Lefthand:2 +And the beacon control block does not display the area it will claim, like the campfire did (but I think this is an issue on Live too?)

Top right corner notifications (like XP gained from crafting) are not visible whilst a menu is open and they also expire even if the menu is open (thus resulting in no notification to be seen).

1 Like

There I was, wondering around the world…

Out and about in the world but the crafting thinks otherwise; my inventory is actually full, so it should actually be a message related to that, as clearing space makes items crafteable as normal.

Also: Low level wildstock can destroy a large area of blocks with a single attack… intentional?

Opening a warp did not go well.

Must have hit too hard…

Unless I’m mis-understanding the original note quoted, this doesn’t seem to be the case? When using the second sanctum warp it still has a countdown timer.

3 Likes

Some problem with beacon and plots.
Maybe i am to far from center.

http://roger64.se/2017-07-07%2002-29-51.mp4

Found those plots to, no idea how they got there.
No beacon or campfire, but i could remove them.

We are making changes to the Sanctum, so things are subject to change.

That sounds strange, we’ll take a look at it.

The blue bar next to the tool should still display the current durability.

It looks like breaking the Campfire does indeed display the objective again, so we’ll log a bug.

As for the Beacon Control not showing plot previews, that’s working as designed, as placing it down will not claim a plot. You will have to add fuel to it in order to see the plot.

The issue here is that the menu appears in the same place as the XP information, so we’ll need to ensure that information won’t be obscured by other menus.

Objectives can be completed without actually tracking them. The difference here is that if they were not tracked to begin with and you have already fulfilled those requirements, you just need to manually collect the rewards.

Yes, that’s true, but my issue personally is that it cannot be quantified into a number, even knowing what the max durability is.

Is there any chance there could be a preview at least? It can be awkward to figure out what it’s going to claim otherwise, but I understand why it’s the way it is too.

Could the info not be in a floating frame that gets moved to the left of the menu? I see how this could cause clutter… But just trying to think of an alternative location/solution.

This is more about the incorrect use of wonder. It should be wander.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s a bug, so we’ll log it.

Creatures can attack blocks

How many times has this happened to you? Send us the crash dump that was generated around that time as explained in the link below. If you get it to happen again, share a game log as well.

The warp does remain open permanently, it’s just that the countdown timer wasn’t removed.

1 Like

Do they disappear when you get closer?

It could be possible that someone else had removed a beacon but not remove plots afterwards.

The white plot-grid disappear when i move to the edge of my beaconed area, it is the same problem on the opposite edge.

When i put beacons in those plots that i own, but cant see, they say they are wild and i cant fuel them, as in the video.

It seems that at a certain distance from the beaconed area center, the plot system breaks down.

At least i got 2 extra plots by removing them (i think…).

Edit:
When the plot-grid disappear the location name in the top of the screen changes (seen in video to), it maybe have something to do with the size of settlement, hamlet.

There an issue when beacon plots get >100m from the beacon center at the moment as the client does not get sent the information so does not know you are allowed to place the plots. Due to the quantization of data its can be quite a bit larger than 100m depending on the center position. We’ll look at that next week before its rolled over to live.

1 Like

Um, “wondering around the world” in that text block instead of “wandering around the world…”

are jump height was reduced twice? I have all skills but cant jump higher then ~4 blocks!

1 Like

feats are calculated incorrectly:

also there is icons that don’t match their tier

Also I think there are two feats that are not on their places.
They are both about “rigeon finding”, but they are in “climbing” column. I think they should be in that column where “Planetary Cartographer” planted.
And, please, think about rise the “Planetary Cartographer” reward. It is very-very hard to locate all rigeons on single planet.
And maybe you’ll add “Universe Cartographer” like super epic feat?

PS and i begging you, please do not take away this super-duper high jumps :cry:

3 Likes

Wildstock murder me with one hit. They also take a lot more damage to kill than they used to. I have 1200 health, so they shouldn’t be able to kill me with one hit?

Also, whenever I die or port back to sanctum, I get stuck in the floor and can’t move (see image). I have to restart the game to get unstuck.

Same here :sob:

I noticed this too, with the wildstock in Solum (which I think is the only world active in testing).

not shown a cleanse points