Testing 17: Crafting and Dual Wielding

I need help. My game was lagging a little and I destroyed and lost my beacon in the process. im on testus1 right now and could use a beacon really fast. >~< Plz

While playing on test us 1 and having grappling hook equiped in the right hand, i moved beacon plotter to left hand’s quick select menu. My game crashed and i couldn’t join test us 1 again, now i’m playing on test us 2 and can’t join us 1 via portal and escape menu.

Test us 1 doesn’t seem to work, its not showing on the worlds list.

1 Like

o.o Server down? was just crafting and then this:

one more strange thing I discovered by the way:

• stone / copper / iron slingshot make same damage with wooden arrows (3 shots per creature). Don’t know if I can make other arrows and if that would make more damage.

My feedback on this patch is much the same as what has been mentioned by others. Particularly;

I don’t feel that the distribution of animals is so bad, so much as the drop rate of materials from them. I feel all kills should yield a minimum of 1 meat, bone, and tallow, with specialization in hunting increasing the chance of extra drops or better grades. As much effort as it takes to aquire bones, and as much glue as a single shelf requires, I find it better to trade for bones than gathe them myself. The time investment is too high for the volume needed.

Veins of gold and titanium. 3-5 per vein with less density per chunk would both feel more rewarding and be less common. The current single nodes feel common, and aren’t particularly satisfying.

Shelves are too expensive. Less glue (which is also too expensive, especially at current animal drop rate for bones)

Iron should produce minimum of 2 nails per ingot. Nails are very expensive now, even at bulk rate.

Crafting torches is too complicated. You craft sticks with one device, extract fibrous leaves at the extractor, then put it all together at the workbench. That’s 3 different UI to make a simple torch. This recipe in particular could use some streamlining. This item in particular should be, at best, hand crafted.

Crafting basic rock into stones should yield 1:1 or 1:2, not 2:1.

3 Likes

When can we expect test us 1 to work ?

yep, think the same way. Torch is something quite necessary to have at night and in caves. Also it should be one of the basic items, fast to craft.
If you think about higher tiers, like lanterns or something working like a torch light with far light distances. That can be more expensive. But not a single torch :stuck_out_tongue:

Nails also are far too expensive if you think about the amount you need to craft i.e. a storage…

@Havok40k have you been able to craft higher tier tools, because you talk of titanium? Could not mine it yet.

No, I have been quarry digging and noted the frequency of titanium spawns. Iron is max tier for now.

I have a bug on OS X in that it gets stuck on the tab/inventory screen. I can get out of it but it goes straight back in. The only way to get rid of the bug is to restart the game.

I haven’t had it happen on windows, but it has happened multiple times now on my mac and I can’t pinpoint the exact reasons it is doing it (seems random), but I’ll update this post if I can recreate it.

Error:
Inventory has 32 slots, however only 25 slots are visible when opening the trade menu. All items after that 25th slot are not tradable unless you move them to a higher slot.

3 Likes

you tried to scroll down?

How did you carry out step number 4? Did that involve taking the item from the crafting table ingredients section and placing it straight into the radial menus?

No, just by replacing it with the equipped item in your inventory,

You can not scroll in the trade menu.

I found a bug, when you teleport while hooked to a block you will still be pushed towards that block.

okay, that problem is personal:

it seems like somebody have stolen from my storage and machines.
I thought they have been locked, because I placed a lock next to everything.
It would be nice, if next to the machine / storage (everything with interface) the little word “locked” would appear.
So I can be sure, I set the lock right…
at the first picture I am not sure if the Iron furnace is locked.

1 Like

Everything is locked except the iron furnace so i dont think it was a player, maybe a bug or something ?

I was just about to suggest the same thing.
A visualization of the status is definitely necessary ,especially if your setup is a bit more messy (like mine).

My suggestion would be to add an overlay to the game that is only visible while holding the lock-item (similar to the beacon plotter) and displays what is locked and what isn´t.

Something like this:

Or the other way around (only highlighting unlocked structures):

3 Likes

Like this it would be also visible for doors.
Good alternative to a word or symbol in interface screens, since it wouldn’t work for doors.

Instead of color overlay you could also show a red little lock on every locked item.
Or a green on every unlocked.

I updated forum page about crafting.
Here’s the link: http://boundless.gamepedia.com/Crafting
Hope u guys will also share some of ur knowledge :smiley:

1 Like

"Glue Gap x1 + Bone x2 "

Its 2 Sap + 2 bone