Testing 191 - Report issues here

I did not know it was 2 different buffs.

2 Likes

This is a knock-on which has come about as we are making new configs for the new universe structure and the current worlds do not match that structure. We’ll be making special configs for these legacy worlds as a temporary solution.

2 Likes

Oh, is that the given nickname for it now?

Aside from that, I’ve added a bug to the database, especially since it appears to be not occurring on the live game.

Please do provide pictures and / or videos when it happens, as it sounds like something that happens randomly if that’s the case.

I’ll let one of the devs know about this.

This has been added to the bug database.

2 Likes

Sounds to me like we are about to have our selves a good old fashion land run. #landrun Kids get in the wagon!

3 Likes

So I noticed item descriptions for tools now display its current durability instead of just the maximum durability which is amazing…

However it doesn’t seem to take in account the durability reduction skills since each use reduces the display durability by one point… Either that or the durability reduction skills are not working properly :thinking:

Edit: Under the new Parental tab in settings… Player chant - “Player sees encoded text for non-friends” so this is rather confusing. What does it mean by encoded text?.. OH like the text is replaced with “******” type stuff? kinda confusing…

Edit Edit: also if an item is already equipped it at the 12 o’clock position (right hand) then that item cannot be replaced with a different item by dragging one down on top of it ><

1 Like

The item description for tools also no longer contains mastery info
Edit: there are also some typos (probably) in the english.json file, telling you to cook raw caustic protecting biryani in a forge, along with the raw criticaling risotto

1 Like

I had a look and it seems that the early Item Durability Bonus skills appear to not work the way they are intended, so I’ve added this to the database. How many of those skills do you have? Of those skills, which ones are not working for you?

We’ve changed this on our end, so you won’t see this option when testing is updated next time.

Thanks for the report, I’ve added this to the bug database.

We’ll get this fixed.

Typos?

1 Like

Mistakes. I’m guessing it should say furnace instead of forge? Or is that some feature that the forge will have?

at first i had all but the last rank… when it was showing 1 point for each use i got the last rank to get the full 50% reduction… it still showed the same results

Cuttletrunk push/pull attack thingy (the tornado-looking one :joy:) sound persists after they die again

just crashed twice while trying to run testing,
booted up with 2 of my alts and neither had any locations or beacons I could warp to, finally switched to my main (ctrl-64) and the portal on the left went orange, cracked and then crashed just as the portal would have opened.
Here is a screenshot from the frozen state:

I then restarted the game and was able to look through the portal once it opened, it went to Epsilo (I was in the Hive) so I walked through and after about 2 seconds the game froze and another crash.
Here is a screenshot from that freeze/crash:

My guess is a corrupted chunkcache folder. I will delete it and retry.
(by delete I mean rename/move in case you want me to send you the file)

[edit] I think that fixed it. I’ve been playing for about 20 minutes now, wandering and crafting in the same area. Let me know if you guys want that chunkcache file :slight_smile:

I actually have an issue that 191 seems to fix. On the current build (and all previous builds since I joined), I sometimes get weird UI glitches that come and go while playing. I haven’t reported it before because my computer is 5 years old with Intel HD Graphics 4000…honestly I’m amazed the game runs on it at all! Anyways, these glitches seem like they might be cleared up now in 191, which is fantastic!

Here’s some examples of some of the UI glitches I currently see in 190 (again, these aren’t present anymore in 191 as far as I can tell):

old_element1old_element2

1 Like

I just want to know when will this version to release to the main test server. lol
I collected a lot of resources and wait to after update to start processing (with new recipe

James said this over on omni’s thread

1 Like

Thx for your reply

2 Likes

Sure, if you can send us that file, that would be great.

Some of this stuff hasn’t been implemented in game yet, but the Forge will be in game soon, so things may be subject to change.

Thanks for the update, I’ve added the additional information to the database.

We can’t reproduce this one. Can you recall as much information as possible leading up to the issue (e.g. cuttletrunk type, world)?

Thanks for confirming it’s working correctly for you. Be sure to check the live game once we move the update over to it.

1 Like

Come to think of it, it may have been staging. I believe it was munteen and an elite cuttle, but the fact it was staging may invalidate it…