Testing 194: Epic Skills, Skill Sets and the Exchange!

That’s an understatement! That’s a lot of new music :+1: (from 9 main tracks to 41)

Edit: Damn, there’s some good stuff in here!

Age of Analimbic: :+1: :+1: :+1:
Angry Fight Music (lol): I like the techy vibes
Danger Theme: :+1: assuming this plays when you’re at risk of entering combat; this’ll do a good job of stressing you out & avoiding it :smiley:
Discovery: So happy!
Modular Modules: !
Orange Sky: :+1: (I think I’m a sucker for anthems)

…still listening

5 Likes

I really like this. :point_up_2:

Is there a way to get more information about debuffs effecting you? (except the icon that you can see)
Like a tool tip or something? - I was not able to find something like that.

downloads 750 mb patch
Yop. :joy:

1 Like

Does this stack?

Do exotic creatures have their unique characteristics yet? Like the hopper that jumbles blocks around? Or is that still in the works/not happening

1 Like

There is a design coming that adds (de)buffs to the Knowledge and details on your Character GUI that describes your current (de)buffs.

It doesn’t.

5 Likes

There is some good stuff in here, thanks to you & everyone at base. Will get on testing as soon as I can and play.

Skills

With max Zeal on a L50 I have 1933 Energy. (3% Hunger). The Energy Epic would increase that by 4000, to 5933. The Energy Regeneration Epic increases regen by 900/s. This still feels a bit slow/low to me. An Epic skill is no small investment, I think it should be 1500/s. The possible 3000/s of old feels a bit excessive but 1500/s or a little more perhaps would seem right given the maximum Energy and the investment it takes to improve it with two Epic skills and one maxed stat.

I think the balance is getting there. I still think either some skills need a bump in bonus or the skill point pool needs to be a little higher/skill costs reduced very slightly. I’m still missing a few things from my main’s build compared to live, even if I shave off the side professions they did (which I can/will of course move to a new skill set, but that’s a fair way into your game journey).

I realise given all the development time that’s gone into it, it will be unlikely to go away but I must say I dislike the idea of environmental damage. As is I can’t fit it into a competent hunter build, even stripped down like I say above. Protection via food/brews is high cost and thus also some way into your character’s progress. In this way, if they are introduced as is I think it puts more pressure on the skill point pool until you have an explorer skill-set finished you can swap out to. They also limit your universe exploration which I think is a fine idea but not one that should be affecting you for a long time.

It’s one of the main selling points your game has to offer - stepping through a portal into a mysterious new alien planet. It’d be a shame if to explore it you had to either nerf your own build on first skill set or wait not just until you’re a competent hunter that can afford defensive skills too but also until you have your hazmat suit alternate skill set sorted.
//
Side-note: It would be useful if Testing characters got some free cubits or a means to skill reset freely while we are testing this new set up.
//
Edit: Suggestion - could we have Forge Boon stat bonuses on items at the cost of DPS? Like if I wanted an indirect way to boost energy regen further, it’d be useful to be able to give up a hand’s DPS/whatever potential by some degree to be able to buff a stat. Obviously this could be more widely applicable across a number of stats if it was possible.
//
It seems odd that when you boost Energy with skills, you see a hunger penalty applied so not only does your Energy drop compared to your new maximum, but more hunger penalty is added so you need to immediately fix your maximum energy too. I went from 3% to 70% hunger by improving my character. I realise it’s a tiny thing, I just find it odd.

1 Like

We appreciate the hard work! I definitely understand wanting to do 1-2 days to work out any gamestopper bugs! Maybe aim to push to live on Monday, that way if any bug slipped through there’s time to pop out a hotfix or two :slight_smile:

very, very nice! The skill set is a must have, so we can use one character to hunt, build and craft and don’t need to specify. Well done!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.