Testing 206: Body Paint!

After testing it looks like there was more of a rework to hunger than the notes contain.

So mining no longer drains your max hunger by a percentage. You can mine for a good bit of time before having to eat which is so nice. You wont have to eat tons of steak any more. I was able to mine for at least 5 minutes before needing to eat. VERY NICE.

I noticed a new bug. When you are running and using your hammer the animation either doesn’t play, or it stutters. The mining action still happens, so the hammer still breaks blocks and your action gets drained, it just causes the animation for the hammer to not work properly. On live servers the animation seems to work properly.

4 Likes

I actually noticed this on live last night as well. Was running back to my base to drop off rock while under speed brew and hit my hammer while I was running to check on beacons that might be going out and I saw the permissions warning and heard the sounds but no animation

Oh good catch. Yeah I guess I never noticed it on live.

I did check though a moment ago and it seemed to be working. So this looks like an intermittent bug then.

It very well could be … I’ll try and get some video of it later tonight

1 Like

Well, now we need food that can safely restore more energy without overriding a food buff. This sucks

1 Like

We’ll get it next patch

1 Like

Disagree with this. There is very little monetisation and cosmetics is an ideal area to put it. GC is cheap.

2 Likes

Agree here. I’m good with optional cosmetic upgrades.

1 Like

On live: If you hold down the mouse button while at 0 stamina, once the hammer starts swining again (after stam regens), the animation tweaks out. If you let go while stam regens, it’s ok

That doesn’t say it’s a guarantee though @Simoyd

Ross said if he can squeeze something in he will, so lets hope he can.

1 Like

They reworked hunger so you won’t need to eat as much steak in general.

I know so far that it applies to running. It also apply’s to using tools.

1 steak got me at least 5 minutes of mining.

3 Likes

No. Gleam club is cheap if this was F2P.

And I’d grudgingly find the paid cosmetics reasonable if the prices were. This isn’t even in the same realm as reasonable. Putting it in real money terms, a doller for one alt, three dollars to share among all alts. Anything more is rediculous

The problem with this is you can earn the in game currency that also costs real money fairly fast at times or with certain methods and unless they removed this option in order to make the cosmetic items cost money only with no other way to get them then they probably feel they need to be a higher price.

1 Like

I still thought it was cheap but horses for courses. Regarding cosmetic prices, it’s exactly what I expected when they were announced given my experience of microtransactions in other games.

They are comparatively cheap to most other games that monetize from cosmetics:

That doesn’t make the prices reasonable. No one can tell me with a straight face that some body paint is worth 40 plots.

So the justification is other companies have even more horrid practices, so it’s okay?

Microtransactions are not okay. They will never be okay.

1 Like

I was simply stating that they are cheap compared to the rest of market. Since both servers and developers cost money every month, how would you propose the game be funded?

1 Like

Gleam club.

NMS has a large player base, giant servers to maintain and a small team.

Not once have they ever charged for anything other than the base game. If they can do it, everyone else can, too.

Then lets agree to disagree. Boundless doesn’t have nearly the audience NMS has (10x less right now, in fact - even after their huge PR disaster). NMS also does not host servers.

I like my developers well fed. That way they continue to improve the game and don’t leave for other companies. Lets hope for both our sakes that more people are willing to give them money, or we’ll be out of developers to make the game better :wink:

8 Likes