Testing 210: Guilds and Messaging++!

cool thnakies
that helps =)

Sound conflicting tho, can a builder from the guild build on your guild alligned plot (without permission from you)?

Yes, because when you give full permissions to guild you lose use of beacon permission list. I see it as donating plotted area for guild.
But keeping personal beacons on aligned state is enough to keep it counting prestige to guild on same settlement. (You keep managing permissions list yourself)
This is how I understood system so if I misunderstood current system please someone correct me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You got it, perfect :+1:

3 Likes

ye @Jiivita :frowning:

Lol my game crashes everytime I join the test servers… I think it has something to do with the guild machines =/

I might have to make do on a different account and hope the same doesn’t happen to it.

1 Like

And is it possible to be one guild but have multiple settlements and be spread out on either the same planet or many planets?

Can then each settlement have their own copy of the machines?

Do you need 4 blocks of the same machine to form one working one like with the other machines in the game? If so why do the crafts make such weird number of blocks? 5/20/100, why 5? Why not 4?

I can’t remember if this was brought up already:

Can you align a beacon to a guild that’s on another planet/location, or does it have to be within “settlement range.”

If a player aligns their beacon, then decides to leave for whatever reason, can they take their beacon and plots back?

Helixes are 5 multiblocks high.

1 Like

You can align any of your Beacons, no matter the location, to any Guild you are a member of.

The owner of the Beacon is always the owner of the Beacon. The plots are still owned by the player. You can un-align your Beacon at anytime.

1 Like

Sounds awesome! Def relieves some worries. Thanks!

Its bloody maddening sometimes.

@james Can we get some confirmation about reserving guild names. I cannot seem to find a list of perks associated with founder packs any more. But I seem to recall founders getting to reserve their guild names before the general playerbase? Is this true and if so, how is this happening?

I don’t really want to have to experience wars over guild names and trading guild names.

Looking at an entity should simply stop showing the settlement / world notice.

2 Likes

Ok, will try that - but normally I’d see something I want to buy in a portal, enter the portal looking at it, and have to wait for that message cooldown - there is about 30ms where you see the entity details (price etc), and then the settlement popin.

3 Likes

Would be nice if there was a package that us ps4 users can upgrade to similar to backer.

Just did another update. Should fix the most common client crash and also added animations for the guild buff machines.

1 Like

Update OP for details of Testing 210.2.

5 Likes

Is there going to have a Members number cap per guild ?

1 Like

Ok, tested this (not in the test server) - and i can look at 50 other shop stands while the message is on screen, and it remains.

yeah block placement buff seems to be an overkill

I’d rather have it replaced with sth else. Maybe spark cost decrease on decorative and/or building block stuff (decor wood and rock, bricks). Although I sense more helix machines coming in future including one offering buffs for crafters.
Maybe increased range of interaction, so. Or bonus to footfall? (I can hear protesters now :wink:)

2 Likes