Testing 218: Exoworlds, Blink, Rift and Umbris!

There some that think some city’s have more people and networks cuase they been around longtime thets one I see reappearing all it would do is make people rebuild it even better it used to work on my nerves if they said our succes is linked to being around on release now isay meh

2 Likes

If the developers ever wanted to do a wipe, then they might have to allow a one time blueprinting and moving of existing player builds. If players could blueprint and store their builds with all the resources in them, then they might find a wipe palatable.

I would agree with Nevioni, it would let the developers make changes to the planets that they cannot make while players live on them such as the distribution of resources and some other issues that have been brought up from time to time. Would the player base be better of with more consistency between planets or with some of the older planets not being ass resource rich as the newer ones?

I also do agree that it feels like the game was rushed to launch and maybe a do over would allow for a change in mechanics that would be better off for the game long-term. I will also acknowledge that I agree with the statement that if this did happen we will lose players. How many, I would not even guess.

2 Likes

There wont be a wipe. There will be changes in the future. Forging tools was OP so thats why the new tools have such a low effectivity. A wipe at this point wouldnt do anything but drive a large portion of the playerbase away. They can change/nerf whatever they want and i’m fine with it because that’s how MMOs work, but if the servers wipe I’d most likely be done with this game.

3 Likes

Updated OP with details of Testing 218.1.

44 Likes

And this patch just became even more awesome!

Edit: <3 the additional skillsets!

5 Likes

yay! muh rock xp!

8 Likes

Thank you for meeting us in the middle with stone crafting and buffing gatherer xp! Not mad at the teaching pie change either :smile:

Also time to complete my atlases :thinking:

8 Likes

Credit to you for listening James.
I feel this is balanced fairly now.
Thanks

Reading further…
Teaching pie changes are genius.
5 skill pages are fabulous

Thank you :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

4 Likes

Bahahahaha
10chars

1 Like

Now THAT’s what I’m talkin’ about! (<< excited figure of speech!)

Not being hit so hard with stone xp and major boosts to exploration and harvesting xp! I Love it!

I also really like the new way the teaching pies work. I’ve just started using them while crafting all the refined silver I’m needing for the new build and I feels rushed. It’s not really fun lol. This new way they’ll be working sounds great! Yea ok, perhaps there’s not the same amount of xp that could be potentially gained but I’m happy to sacrifice that for having the ability to take my time.

And extra skill pages??? Sweet bonus right there!

All in all, fantastic amendments to the original notes, James & Team. Thank you! :smiley:

3 Likes

The only thing missing is an “I Survived the Rock XP Debate 2019” wearable pin for 500 cubits, which I would buy to thank the devs for such an awesome update!

17 Likes

want to make sure I understand how the teaching food works

Teaching Pie. . on the 70,000xp I earn after eating it I actually get 70,000 + 70,000 = 140,000xp

Teaching Loaf…on the 70,000xp I earn after eating it I actually get 70,000 + 35,000 = 105,000xp

I am probably not doing this right, just want to know

1 Like

Now I can’t wait for the update

I read it as, pie = earn up to 70k at double rate

I am not sure it is an “up to” since the pie no longer has a timer.

So I would think for each food you will get a very specific amount of xp as long as you do not replace the teaching buff with another buff
I could very very easily not be reading this correctly

Edit: Might just have to test it… . is this live in test?

It’s the first 70k XP at double rate and then pie expires.

I think.

^^ This is how I understand it will work. Like, James said, like a reverse Death Penalty. With the death penalty, you earn 2xp but it takes away 1xp from you. The Pie etc. Will give you 2xp for every 2xp you earn until you’ve earned a total of 70k + the multiplier of the food. Totaling, up to 140k.

3 Likes

Probably have to find out in test or get clarification from the developers.

This is awesome!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

@james I would give you a big hug if I could in person. :hugs: I hunt the boulders, mushrooms and such to sell in a shop and it is so dangerous for me on level 5 and 6 planets. I generally die at least once, usually two or three times due to the critters so I wonder if it is worth it at times, but enjoy the gathering. Do wish there were more of the glow caps and have never found a boulder ring, but can hope and wish for those another update.

Great on the teaching pies, that is great. Will make it worthwhile for me to make them now for personal usage.

Love the changes on the critters, that helps a lot in the dealing with them, not just for the middle level and those of us (like me) who can’t hit the side of a barn LOL and generally miss the critters (you can laugh, I do). But great for the new players who really suffer from the deaths.

Thank you several times for listening to us on the changes needed, I get so much fun out of this game but it can at the same time be frustrating in areas.

7 Likes