Testing 224: Farming! (continued)

7 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion about skill cap and systems (moved from farming update post)

Will you be allowing crafting tables to be sprayed as well?

2 Likes

Yep. Anything else?

5 Likes

Will we be able to tint our trousers?

7 Likes

Mosaic, marble, refined gravel and wicker?

I understand that not being able to spray them may have to do with making them keep their value for their tint, though it wonā€™t be any different from spraying 45 refined rock instead of spraying 50 finished mosaic, except Iā€™ll have to use 5 more spray cans if I want to spray the finished result. The end result is the same.

All the blocks and items, like the concept tease said? :smiley: The only place I was planning on using the machine was on gleam. Especially after realising itā€™s more just for small accents in builds and you wonā€™t be able to get even a smartstack of the correct colour pigment in your hands without enormous effort. Gleam was the main thing that could be used effectively in small quantities to give your build that extra flare. LEDs too, but they take their colour from gleam donā€™t they?

2 Likes

Testing updated again! @james will be along with release notes in a bit

5 Likes

so can someone tell me how to forge liquid collecting tools. I just want to prep for when the update hits.

Venerable gum on hammer, alex, or shovel i believe

3 Likes

coo l thanks :smile_cat:

I hope this means gleam at one point ! It would be so nice to be able to have those cool accent colors in builds that currently arenā€™t around ! <3 fingers crossed for Dev approval haha

4 Likes

Can we paint mud?

1 Like

No, no white mud for you xD

3 Likes

Red why must you crush my dreams!

1 Like

We can paint tree timber & rock = natural blocksā€¦therefore, we should be able to paint mud, gravel, ash, tangle, thorns, etc. :grin: (hey, trying doesnā€™t hurt lol)

4 Likes

This is all I want!

6 Likes

A couple of questions:

1. Do natural, not-plotted resources/land effect our farms?

2. Do nearby beacon plots belonging to other players effect our farms?

If the answer if yes to either questionā€¦then this is going to open a whole 'nuther can of griefing worms.

If I build my farm & Jimmy comes along and decides to build a rock wall on his plot, next to my farm (with items that refuse to grow near rocks)ā€¦then my farm is essentially griefed.

If I have a farm in the middle of nowhere, with nearby rocks & water that my plants loveā€¦& Jimmy comes along one day & mines out all of the rocks & water that I couldnā€™t plotā€¦then I log in & see a dead farm.

Some of the diagrams that people posted previously show resources several plots away effecting plant growth. This would mean that farmers would have to use a ton of plots/buffer plots to avoid issues with their farms :woman_shrugging:

I think this is a really valid question and needs an answer but my experience is nothing more than 3 blocks away from the planted block will affect it. That still means what you have brought up could happen, but I think it is limited to the plot immediately adjacent to your build.

Maybe I can get someone on test around me to try it and see what happens.

6 Likes

Could you please link to some evidence of thisā€¦?

Everything Iā€™ve seen and tried in testing points to a very small radius where things will actually affect crops.

As Kal said:

I am asking because Iā€™d like to know how much something that isnā€™t in our own beacon/plots will or will not effect our farms. I think it will be helpful to know so that we can decide where or how we will build our farms.