Testing 224: Farming! (continued)

Colours look good - they’re a little more muted and less “in your face” now. Having darker berry leaves was a good call too - depending on the foliage colour, it should make them a lot easier to see!

10 Likes

When was this added (tint name on block info)? :open_mouth:

13 Likes

I’ve been having a little look into this. I think it’s just the texture, as I used some gleam colours I was familiar with to check and the gleam blocks themselves don’t look as bright as they do on live. But the surrounding area lit by the gleam blocks seems fine.

Well there went my idea to have a magnifying glass or something like that in which we could look at a block and determine the color without picking it up or using dev tools… Thanks @James… UGH!

5 Likes

For me personally in testing it makes complete sense and adds a whole new dynamic to working with crops in terms of planning, layout, design and implementation. Messing about with fluid dynamics is great fun anyway and this gives it a purpose other than just the fun side of it.
I was so glad when I saw the update regarding doors etc being able to control the flow of water as well as glass/water transparency … the last best update for me was the one for atlas refresh rates but this farming update blows everything out of the water so far :grin:

6 Likes

I’m not being able to concentrate a lot at the moment but so far been toying around with this:

I’ll probably continue looking into it later or tomorrow, but think I’m gonna stop messing with water for now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the idea of flooding and draining rice fields as necessary. It’s work, but this is the type of work I think most people can get behind…it’ll make doing the extra work more worth it

9 Likes

Honestly I was going to let @Stretchious do all my farming and give him all my seeds, but I may grow a few rice fields now. :grin: Its going to be fun designing floodable patty fields.

7 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Switch controlled doors?

Would love a big lever to open and close my sluice gates :+1:

(and my secret lava death traps :smiling_imp:)

Awesome! (but please add the colour number somewhere in the block info too :crossed_fingers:)

4 Likes

We also need nobles to wall in with plenty of Dwarf Ale to operate the switches. Also, lava-powered forges, and drawbridge atom smashers for getting rid of spitters too close to our fortresses.

Wait, what game are we talking about again?

3 Likes

You must be thinking of Slaves to Choice, Yabbo Fortress.

1 Like

Ok I see where your problem is you need to craft a campfire and youre doing it wrong…lol

1 Like

finally !!!

Able to see color data like that is really nice. I don’t like that part of important data has been only been able to access by PC players :stuck_out_tongue: Still wishing that PS player would get live track of coordinates (and maybe even current chunk and mesh count) so that all players have that information available :slight_smile:

Rice farming is really fun because of this. I really did like to solve my door+water puzzle on testing server and got nice system working there :slight_smile: I could share my build but I don’t want spoil players because solving it was really fun for me :smiley:

1 Like

Think we need a map asset. Should be easy to add to an explorer type pack… map, magnifying glass, …??

2 Likes

Yes, PS players still need that 2D beacon/plot view and I hope that they get it one day when personnel of that field are able to bring it way that it fits to game way. I have met so many Boundless fanatic PS players that they do deserve access to data like PC players are :slight_smile:

Complete off from response, but I think this hasn’t been praised enough how most of the plants aren’t meshes (works like grass). To me this is BIG thing because it will allow crazy amount plants under small “2D space”. I really hope those will stay like that outside of those fuel cactuses :slight_smile:

1 Like

i love this!

3 Likes

Honestly, I would adore all of this. I love the systems engineering part. Give me switches, trapdoors and lava any day.

This could be an awesome idea. Instead of having to run to each door and open it, we can have a lever (control block) and a controller (a destination block to be placed next to door). You could then place all levers in one place to just open and close all doors from one place!

Fun times… now i just need a reason to farm rice :thinking:

14 Likes