Testing 224: Farming! (continued)

And then Rowing Boats and Fishing Rods! But especially the rowing boats.

Must. Have. Rowing. Boats!

6 Likes

This is an excellent update. Very much looking forward to the changes and the challenges coming forward.

Thank you for listening and communicating @james. It is appreciated.

8 Likes

Late to the thread, but wow I like the changes I am seeing!
Thank you @james and team :smiley:

3 Likes

This would be an amazing addition. However Iā€™m a sucker for boats and rafts you can build a mobile base on lol.

Could run on combustion fuel.
I know wishful thinking but hey one can dream lol

4 Likes

Yes I agree! We need all sorts of marine life. Maybe some more underwater flora/reefs/seaweed, all different shapes/sizes/colors of fish, and seashells, crabs, eels, dolphins, etc.

( Also some ideas I had about aquarium building stuff, and fishing :smiley: )

7 Likes

Yā€™all never disappoint. Canā€™t wait for this update to drop!

Thank you for reconsidering resources still dropping from blocks :grin:

3 Likes

Unleashā€¦ THE KRAKEN!!!

8 Likes

colormorph

a little analysis of goo plant colour morphing!

There is an extra randomisation in the color morphing that mutates the colour randomnly to a neighbour in the color graph as well, but ignoring any randomisation, this is the distribution of how many steps it takes to reach the 8 target colours goo will morph towards based on the world type, for each of the 255 colors in the game palette. So 8 steps is the ā€œaverageā€ of how many steps there are towards the world-color

15 Likes

On my last call with James I pitched the ability to adjust the lights we create using a tool so we could have lighter and darker light emission. I didnā€™t focus on gleam but instead Lanterns. Unfortunately it was just the first in a long discussion on if this is possible and something that would be of value or not.

Are you getting at the light levels begin too bright or what?

The oooh aaahs got me :joy:

3 Likes

I got an update to test. . wonder what is in it???

2 Likes

Iā€™ll got release notes in the next couple of hours.

4 Likes

I was kidding. . I do see you hovering above me on test. .

Honestly, thank you Devā€™s so much. I think these changes are a great step in making this game great. Giving more options while bringing in some more balance.

:smiley:

1 Like

Uh? No no, I think the refined gleam lights up really well on live. Iā€™d even say that the natural gleam should have more of an emissive texture to go with the refined gleam.

I was actually concerned on testing that my gold room lite with refined gleam looked a little darker than what Iā€™m used to. If it goes live as it is, I would probably have to re-do the entire lighting of my build.

Updated OP with details of Testing 224.2.

16 Likes

Bitumen is asphalt but what is it in game? excuse my ignorance.

4 Likes

This should be interesting. Will probably check this out when I am next on testing.

1 Like

Just checked, itā€™s solidified Petrolim:

By the way @James, not very important, but seems you canā€™t give yourself Bitumen or Amber in the cheat menu.

2 Likes

Ty you my Friend!