Testing 224: Farming!

It does work. Creates an interesting effect in water.

6 Likes

Elysian Fields, Alder… easiest portal will probably be TNT for most folks.

Yeah I was just about to post that a 3x3 totem solidifier works great!

1 Like

Some of the EXO-tic rockplants in natural environment

7 Likes

Ya know, I didn’t think I needed the new fuel materials, but now I do!!!

The furnace tells you a nice number, the speedup.

Compact peat is 0.5, compact soft coal 1.0, compact coal 1.5 and compact hard coal 3.0

This is the reason I only use compact hard coal in my furnaces, cooks my pies 6 times as fast as compact peat does.

But the new ones have different speed ups, of course!

Enriched peat: 1.1
Enriched soft coal: 2.2
Enriched coal: 3.3
Enriched hard coal: 6.6

So using enriched over compact gives a speedup boost of 2.2!

Persisting pie then only takes 18s to cook.

Interestingly enough the Enriched combustion particle also has a speedup of 6.6. Something tells me that number might change…

7 Likes

Optimizing farm layouts, trying to make the best use of space with more plants per plot is fun!

11 Likes

Reminds me of the tulip fields of Holland in the Netherlands. Needs a windmill.

7 Likes

Where did you put the optimizing blocks like sand etc?

The ruts in between are sand slabs with water on top

Sadly the crops don’t account for blocks on a different height level, it’s a 2d plane they check.

1 Like

Yup they’re all on the same level. Both the sand and water are in the same block space

6 Likes

Oh interesting, didn’t realise you can do that!

1 Like

You mean you chiseled the sand to become a half height block then add water?

1 Like

Yup, that way both the water and sand are within 2 blocks of the crop. I first set it up with a 3 wide crop and sand/water either side, but that takes up much more space.

Big thanks to @GreyArt247 for giving me the heads up on chiselling/water being in the same block space!

8 Likes

Awesome, just awesome! I had thought about it but discarded the idea as not possible!

Thanks!

I just chiseled a narrow channel with the basic square chisel along the length of the crop and then filled with water so you can see both the water and the mud/sand this way it’s easy to double check you have the right combination as well as easy to run across the area without tripping up.

6 Likes

We can even do this… :thinking:

Or this:

Caveat: Feels slippery to go over. :ice_skate:

Doing it like this over my previously planned layout means that for a field like this, you can squeeze in 2 extra crops where water would have been instead, while still being a max yield field with a relatively simple layout.

9 Likes

Seed info screenshots:
[All info contained within is subject to being changed]

All on one page:

12 Likes

Could you Maybe Show the crafted bark and wax recipies?
And thank you, good info there to plan some ahead.

1 Like

Let’s go deeper :smiley: