Testing 224: Farming!

Or come sell to my baskets! :wink:

Seems I need seeds, lots of 'm!

1 Like

The Large Fossils alone pay for the trip. With inorganic seeds and the fert fluids T7s are turning in to massive paydays lol.

1 Like

Will do! :smiley: I’ve been selling more to baskets lately, in a bit of an economic slump at the moment, spending too much, haha. I’ll sell to your baskets and turn around and spend it on your tools! :wink:

1 Like

I went the super independent route so I have nothing to really spend my money on XD

1 Like

Seeds for Earthyams and Berries are found on Starter Planets. When you harvest the new Earthyam or Starberry plants to get fruits right away as well as seeds. So it’s your choice if you want to grow the seeds for more fruits or if you look for more wild plants. I did this on the test server within the first 10 mins of starting a new character.

But farming of course also has a progression to it, like everything in this game, so for higher level farming products you need to be further along in the game. But that its not available to new players is not true.

1 Like

yeah this is my last point, big issue atm you may not be able to get the color you want before no seeds. and the return seems to be at 67% too so yeah i think this need a bit of adjustment.

EDit: i have palnted some yesterday but they seems to take a lot of time to grow. so idk what will be the yield for those yet.

This is the same as things like Gems and Ancient Corruption. They are not intended for new players, otherwise there would be no progression.

Beginners will see no difference. Instead of breaking Foliage and Rosetta Nox to get raw food, you break wild Basic Crops that are found on all Worlds. By the time you need the higher-tier food ingredients for your Spitter Pot Pies and Potent Protecting Tikka Masala you will be high enough level to farm them or rich enough to buy them from someone who does.

The current design is not final and there is definitely room for improvement before release. But the way this affects starter Characters is not one of the problems here.

1 Like

I think we often look at the “new player” within our own understanding of the game. This assumes a new player would know what is going on and where to get food.

The current non meat food gathering method is not intuitive. Having a food plant is far more likely to be understood by new players. It will likely make far more sense than getting food from random foliage, soil/peat blocks and ground plants.

6 Likes

I forged a shovel that can collect all liquids & tested it. Works excellent.
I planted a bunch of seeds last night around midnight & checked on them today(10 hrs later). Some did well, some not so much lol
I :heart::heart::heart: the starberry plants & being able to place liquids

6 Likes

Where is your store.

1 Like

Indeed it does! Then I tried if 3x3 would work and it sure does!!!

Building inside water is gonna be a breeze!

2 Likes

I didn’t try a 3x3 yet…I was wondering if that would work. Great info :+1:

Haven’t gotten around to add 3x3 to a solidify totem yet but am sure it will work! Why wouldn’t it?

1 Like

It does work. Creates an interesting effect in water.

6 Likes

Elysian Fields, Alder… easiest portal will probably be TNT for most folks.

Yeah I was just about to post that a 3x3 totem solidifier works great!

1 Like

Some of the EXO-tic rockplants in natural environment

7 Likes

Ya know, I didn’t think I needed the new fuel materials, but now I do!!!

The furnace tells you a nice number, the speedup.

Compact peat is 0.5, compact soft coal 1.0, compact coal 1.5 and compact hard coal 3.0

This is the reason I only use compact hard coal in my furnaces, cooks my pies 6 times as fast as compact peat does.

But the new ones have different speed ups, of course!

Enriched peat: 1.1
Enriched soft coal: 2.2
Enriched coal: 3.3
Enriched hard coal: 6.6

So using enriched over compact gives a speedup boost of 2.2!

Persisting pie then only takes 18s to cook.

Interestingly enough the Enriched combustion particle also has a speedup of 6.6. Something tells me that number might change…

7 Likes

Optimizing farm layouts, trying to make the best use of space with more plants per plot is fun!

11 Likes

Reminds me of the tulip fields of Holland in the Netherlands. Needs a windmill.

7 Likes