Testing 224: Farming!

Actually I have the answer but it might come as completely off topic… but I couldn’t resist - we all need a laugh…

near = soon.

#blamejeff

@Jeffrotheswell

4 Likes

I asked the devs to use rng to determine how near benifishal blocks need to be from growing plants on a plant to plant basis. so honestly there’s no knowing how far they need to be. best just to make sure every other block is sand.

giphy

5 Likes

Why does every other block need to be sand

just an old joke about why it’s probably my fault :wink:

3 Likes

Ha ha we need some farming videos for us ps4 players that are dying to know more. I wonder can you grow vines upside down from foliage without the tree…

1 Like

Boundmore and MajorVex have uploaded some short videos

Edit: yes, you can lol

2 Likes

and knowing you don’t plant it on Thursday but come back on a Tuesday for a Easter egg burger!

1 Like

Indeed lol

Do we know yet how goo farming will go? Does one goo thing produce one dye or do you set them up and they just drop and you collect it over time once you have the color?

I am curious.

Seems like you get the goo thing on the exp world, then place it on another world to shift the color, then take it to a lush world to farm it?

Curious if anyone has tested it?

Did some testing it seems they calculate the bonus from 3 blocks away of the crop.

2 Likes

I would like to test but we have no access to the higher tier planet on testing atm.

My understand after asking some explanation on the process was :

• If you collect a Red Goo Crop and plant it on a Coal world, it will mutate to a color toward the black.(i.e becomes dark red) once fully mature.

• if you plant a seed from that harvest (the dark red) on the coal world it will mutate again to a darker version. you can process this until you get complete black.

• Once you get the color you want via the mutation, you can then harvest it, go plant it on a lush world to not mutate the color anymore.

• Big issue i think over this(can’t test the density we can get on an exoworld atm) is the diminish return of the seed. So eventually you will end up with less seed of the color you want to none, so you will ahve to repeat that process.

7 Likes

Just checking if I’m reading this correctly?

Does this mean we have to slope chisel before we can till, so cannot till an unchiselled soil block?

You’re not…

I read it as: any non cube or slope chiseled blocks can not be tilled.

Just like square and bevel chiseled soil can’t be used to plant grass on…

Hello Devs :smiley: did you notice that this farming update is unplayable to new players? since most of seed/materials comes from high tier worlds/EXOs? can you please make this an alternative form of getting fruits? removing existing way of obtaining fruits again you make this game difficult to playing, you forcing us to make farms if we still want to make foods, did you notice that we have schools? works? families? mainly we have like 2-3 hours a day for playing and really we dont want to spend this time just gathering seeds, to farm them, cultivatind, waiting days to get fruits to make food… i waited for that update, was excited but now… i feel forced to make farms becouse it will be only way to make foods. AGAIN - make this alternative way, not only

3 Likes

I had already answered this question previously, just a couple of posts down from Kal’s question.

Not aimed at you specifically, but this is a problem with forums, info becomes lost really easily if it’s in the middle of a long thread.

Here it is again anyway for others: Testing 224 - Farming Earthyams and Bulb return ratio from harvest - #89 by NerArth

2 Likes

That is what confuses me. With the current seed returns how could you change the color?

Say I wanted to mutate it two times then harvest it on a lush. With the current 60% return rate it would fail. You wouldn’t get a seed back enough times to mutate it.

I wonder if goo has a different seed return?

I’ll try to check this later, but in the mean time, be aware that you can change the ratio of pigments in the spray mixing machine to change the colour.

For example, in the spray/colour mixing machine, having 1 Warm Cherry + 1 White will give something different from 1 Warm Cherry + 3 White; that’s off the top of my head, but I have posted screenshots of this already, buried somewhere… :confused:

1 Like

I did see that. I was assuming I needed to mutate the color before that step to get the color I needed.

1 Like

I have to say this does give a massive reason to go to every EXO that spawns, more so than even the Lucent gems IMO.

2 Likes

Haha, yeah, I’m seeing :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag: :wink:

This is great for someone like me who likes to gather and sell the base stuff. As it is, the T7 exos are a huge income generator for me. I’ve already got my Farmers Market set up, but I’m thinking I may do farming more for myself and gather more for the income. Those who don’t want to gather can come buy, I sell cheap! :wink:

1 Like