Testing 224: Farming!

Where did you put the optimizing blocks like sand etc?

The ruts in between are sand slabs with water on top

Sadly the crops don’t account for blocks on a different height level, it’s a 2d plane they check.

1 Like

Yup they’re all on the same level. Both the sand and water are in the same block space

6 Likes

Oh interesting, didn’t realise you can do that!

1 Like

You mean you chiseled the sand to become a half height block then add water?

1 Like

Yup, that way both the water and sand are within 2 blocks of the crop. I first set it up with a 3 wide crop and sand/water either side, but that takes up much more space.

Big thanks to @GreyArt247 for giving me the heads up on chiselling/water being in the same block space!

8 Likes

Awesome, just awesome! I had thought about it but discarded the idea as not possible!

Thanks!

I just chiseled a narrow channel with the basic square chisel along the length of the crop and then filled with water so you can see both the water and the mud/sand this way it’s easy to double check you have the right combination as well as easy to run across the area without tripping up.

6 Likes

We can even do this… :thinking:

Or this:

Caveat: Feels slippery to go over. :ice_skate:

Doing it like this over my previously planned layout means that for a field like this, you can squeeze in 2 extra crops where water would have been instead, while still being a max yield field with a relatively simple layout.

9 Likes

Seed info screenshots:
[All info contained within is subject to being changed]

All on one page:

12 Likes

Could you Maybe Show the crafted bark and wax recipies?
And thank you, good info there to plan some ahead.

1 Like

Let’s go deeper :smiley:

5 Likes

Thank you once more.

1 Like

So bark farms might go the way of the Dodo then aswell, i wonder (i do lots of wondering recently i noticed^^)?

Why remove yam drops from the plants that previously dropped them? This just makes gathering more inefficient and feel worse, and I don’t see how it benefits farmers. Basically gatherers get fewer resources/plant and have to either farm or sell seeds to get value out of the new plants?

So far I’m pretty happy with the changes. Great job. Now a campaign, :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It appears the liquids have different viscosity values assigned to them. Close to what you would expect in real life.

I was adding all 4 liquids to a build with 4 reservoirs of the same size, and the structure(not shown) was not able to hold all 4, in a symmetrical way (liquid was poured waterfall-style from above)…so I had to reconfigure the reservoirs.

Here is another test that I used to confirm(I used one block of each liquid):

9 Likes

On live, water flows 6m and lava only 4m.