XOOX
XOOX
XOOX
XOOX
XOOX
XOOX
XOOX

With air surrounding?

Maybe adding an extra foliage on each side?

I don’t mind making notes for forging, but not for farming lol. I only math when I’m paid too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll be doing a lot more surface gathering. I enjoy doing that

You can only surface gather the basuc yam and starberry mats. You can effectively ignore optimization and get 1 to 1 yield crops to plants. This lets you avoid the maths.

Must master the art of…farming haha

1 Like

Only getting like a .57 seed and .89 yield chance with the sloped crops. The further down the slope, the lower the stats. I’ve got mud on both sides and tilled the soil. What am I doing wrong here?

Not with the highest efficiency.
In current setup each seed has
2 molds, 1 other foliage (3 occupied) and 21 empty air blocks.
Changing anything on this setup takes efficiency down. You still get some results, with one additional block changed it still good, but i your pattern the seed in the middle has more than 10 additional blocks occupied.

Roughly like this… red marked what is more than optimum and turns the efficiency down

1 Like

so after the update, someone needs to go into business being the farm optimizer! Ill pay coin for it.

1 Like

According to the data 22 empty air is optimal o.O Did you check if that’s true in practise too?

you are there currently ? can I come to see it ?

Im here, Im on Havran l

There are 24 blocks around the seed
2 moulds
1 other foliage
21 is rest

Whatever I change makes the data worse.

actually I cant get to perfect efficiency, so it can be a simple math issue in the code.

This is the best I can get, but for other seeds usually the yield chance goes over 1

20190618221320_1

1 Like

you going to be for hire, when the time comes? lol

1 Like

I’ve managed to get 0.66 / 1.025 for starberries - not max yet though.

They look like this…

3 Likes

Remove the 1 foliage

Looks like the server hates snow as much as I do… :slight_smile:

But didn’t James mention that, instead of getting rid of snow, he would prefer if it was something we want. I was expecting that snow plays a role with farming.

Is it just me or does a massive farm for berries seem…unreachable? Maybe i’m not picturing this correctly though.

I am going to visit you ! :wink:

2 Likes

what planet in testing are you on?

I’m on Havran I - swing on by if you want - I have all crops at max yields now (with the exception of the starberries - the last tweak is still baffling me!)

Can i get there from US test server? I am on Dand.