Testing 224: Farming!

The Light and Liquid changes make me so happy, I can’t put it into words.

11 Likes

Yes, exactly. You can still fill a stack of buckets from 1 source block…note, that is not a smart-stack…just a stack of up to 100

1 Like

Can we not allready get machinery that Count as one block for repairing purposes? Like mulltiple spark Generators we allready have? Now with even more machines and coils it really is getting to tedious imo.
@james ?

3 Likes

So can we expect that there will be no complaints or comments about the next feature for at least 3 months? :slight_smile: or 3 days?

7 Likes

3 days tops I’m thinking Maaaayyybeee 4 depends lol

1 Like

Normally I wouldn’t respond but I think James is pretty busy and might not get to your question so I can share what I know… If you can’t color gleam then it wasn’t added because it isn’t supported. Gleam is special due to how the community responds to it and sees it as this…

From my understanding the “events” might happen again before their normal time on Exo worlds and of course Exo worlds are the plan to get all the special gleam colors.

I guess if enough of the community really pushes and justifies why we should be allowed to mix gleam and not keep it special then they could easily add it to the color system. It wasn’t a technical decision and instead just a game play decision.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think a stickied thread at the top with the latest updates on development, as well as some candidness like, “This patch is huge because we have to redo water physics and a ton of under the hood graphics stuff which is difficult because it’s both PS4 and PC” would have gone a long way to quelling complaints.

Having read the patch notes, it’s clear why this took so long, but we were never told, and even that confuses me.

1 Like

will crops still grow if the area is inside a structure with glass e.g inside a greenhouse or does it have to be completely outside?

my favorite black rock is finally BLACK in refined form!!! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I think because they wanted this much faster than the 6 months or whatever… but either way i think if people just start trusting more than not they can stay happy and enjoy the game.

5 Likes

What are the commands for spawning in items on the test server?

F1. Give item menu.

1 Like

Forged aome AOE 4 shovels in queue it is not indicating the boon.

oooooooook so just got on test and avena oortia takes 11 hours to ripen XD

And I still can’t use Testing :frowning:

Somehow my DualShock 4 controllers aren’t working on Testing, they do on Live, have another non DualShock controller that does seem to work but I can’t really use it well since the precision is all over the place with it…

Not aimed specifically at you, but testing bug reports belong in the Support section of the forum, as mentioned in the OP:

Just seeing what can be placed where…
Planted a few things to see them grow a little…nope lol

2 Likes

So far so good, earthyams grow pretty quick

• IMPORTANT: Some models still need to be updated to take into account the darkening effect of the surfaces that were unnaturally brightened by the old specular presentation.
  • IMPORTANT: The light sources will also be rebalanced to bring a more consistent lighting model to voxel light sources.

Could anyone elaborate more on this?

2 Likes

tools ect look alot darker in their tint, for instance the wayfarers totem looks black instead of silver

1 Like