Testing 224: Farming!

Is it me or it feels like Boundless just had its E3 reveal? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

ok im missing someting then in the thread asking people about time i could have sworn i read the min time was 24 min cuz that was a full day in boundless so i was thinking that would be a growth cycle

Depends on the type of crop I thought.

Time required depends on the crop and whether or not fertilizer has been applied

I also noticed that diamond tools are darker and look like iron tools and the spark generator and Spark links look much darker

See the post above redlegdaddy’s or this:

I also found it confusing when I first hopped on testing before I had a better read of notes (they are quite big, a lot to take in).

As far as I can see, the quickest growing crop at the moment on testing is regular Earthyam, taking 3 hours to fully mature.

I’d appreciate if any one can help the farmer in me with this. What do they mean with sown near? How near is near? Does it have to be adjacent? Within the same plot? Also, if i have one of the “near” things, is it enough for maximum efficiency of do i have to have all of the preferred “near” items for maximum efficiency? Because it’d be too complicated to give each block max efficiency if i have to surround it with lava and ancient corruption simultaneously (taking kindling plant for example) for best results. Thanks!

I’m using the test server for the first time. Not sure where to report findings etc but I’m running through objectives to find the farming ones and i noticed the “Chopping Great Time” objective still tells you to collect raw starberries with foliage. Also, “A Spot of Gardening” isn’t counting the seeds I place and I’m guessing that objective leads to farming.

This is not well explained, in game water shows no effect on the tilled land at all. In minecraft tilled dirt darkens to show it is irrigated, boundless needs some feedback in this regard.

6 Likes

So, I guess Resin spawns like this in some exoworlds:

1 Like

Need to make a new topic under the support tag

1 Like

Feels so lush when you step out and see this and everything is swaying in the breeze!

… although this looks a little more gloomy! :laughing:

Edit: Also found a nice example of pre-flowing fluids!

20 Likes

here’s a “real” example of level 8 foliage detail!

15 Likes

Gonna have to read this another 18 times, soooo many awesome updates!

Go team!

2 Likes

Does indoor farming even work? Does any block above crop block sunlight, or it’s more dynamic than that? For example, sunlight shine through from windows from the side would also work. This could also provide answer into planting upside down crop on the same vertical block as ground crop.

Anyone found goo on the exoworld ? i pass in several caves but none so far.

What type of world is the exo?

1 Like

Caustic

Edit: it’s a t4 thought so idk if its considerate as an elemental.

Nvm, says lush world btu caustic protection needed. So i guess they do not exist in there. :sweat_smile:

Just look at that difference:

:sparkling_heart:

18 Likes

How to you.harvest the crops?