Testing 226: Ornamental Crops!

Only the beacon owner can turn it off. If you unplot, their beacon will “steal” your plot and if you can’t reach them they cannot turn that function off. Or maybe they don’t want to turn it off to troll.

This tool is awesome for trolling! it gets much cheaper to prevent cities from expanding!

1 Like

Hmmm, I am not too familiar with it in close quarters. So I will just listen in I think. I do like the barrier personally.

1 Like

I think they should just make it a beacon option to connect to a city. Like when you assign a beacon to a guild you get a list of your guilds and you can pick one. Why not add such a button for “join settlement” and you get a list of all settlements you connect to and you can pick one or none (to create your own settlement). And if you want to reserve something, plot it.

1 Like

I think the plotting situation is just becoming more and more complicated & convoluted.

People rage quit over not understanding beacons & campfires to begin with, which are fundamental things to this game.

Every other day I help players locate their “places”, coords, inventory, knowledge tab etc. To try to explain this plotting system to them…:unamused:

Only give permission to Citizens who will respect your beacon” <— :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

TBH, I see a whole lot of heartache and griefing coming along with the presented system. We need a new plotting system. Imagine the chaos, fights, & complaints if there were 2500 players.

6 Likes

I agree.

10char

2 Likes

Do you think the “ruins” idea I suggested in the past could have a place in a new plotting system? :stuck_out_tongue:
I haven’t abandonned hope on that.

2 Likes

I would just like to add that there are several malls, cities, & portal/hub towns with people living next to each other. This system will affect everyone & all places, not just the mall.

Plotted near an existing road? You will be affected.
Settled near a neighbor in a town? You will be affected.
Got a store in a market or mall? You will be affected.
Want to move or transfer plots? I hope there’s nothing nearby with a buffer turned on - if there is, their buffer will take over the plots you unplot.

Now those Gleamclub prema plots, that have been sitting untouched for months, will also affect your ability to plot, move, expand, etc. Need to contact the owner? Good luck. How about the city road that was built by an OG player with 3 years of gleamclub 6 months ago? Good luck contacting them or begging them to let you plot somewhere.

4 Likes

On that last point.

If you have plots nearby and you remove plots, they should still be protected in a buffer as long as you dont remove every plot.

1 Like

More plants… but where are my pants?

Swords, Lances, and Pantses!

1 Like

It’d be cool to see a ruins type system :smiley: It’d be like a player created dungeon

Ouch, that’ll definitely hurt not being able to plot in close spaces because of that

2 Likes

The only reasons I wouldn’t be playing Boundless are:
A. I’m dead. Please call my mom & let her know.
B. The game folds/sells.

12 Likes

So this is amazing having a color picker here in the give menu. I really hope this gets planned on being added to the Character Customization Menu too. I noticed it isn’t there yet, but I am really hopeful. :heart:

12 Likes

I dont quite like / support the new plot protecting system. For sure it will ruin malls and other coop spaces ( since it need more then 1 person’s permission because all the beacons of the settlement are nearby each others ) and also decreasing chances for massive plots builders to choice a suitable place to build. A very bad and tedious experience for them - and also me.

On the other sides, it can prevent force-merge settlement - which is really nice.

1 Like

THANK YOU from everyone on tier 5 worlds. thank you, thank you, thank you

2 Likes

:joy::joy: ^this

4 Likes

Ditto here too. :rofl: Maybe one day I’ll binge play til I croak and they’ll find me in my gaming chair with Boundless still running even…? So I’d still be in the game even then. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Just leave your estate to the gleam club. . .

2 Likes

Already promised it to @georgegroeg once my GC runs out - in turn, he has very considerately dug me a nice grave on Gyosha. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

At least he didn’t make you dig it yourself. :joy:

4 Likes

A bad senario:

• The city roads were built first.
  • The neighbors were already there when I moved in.
  • My friend Jimmy starts playing and I want to give him some of my plots so he can be near me.
  • The warden of the town got salty and turned on the plot buffer. The neighbor decided to take a break & turned on their buffer.
  • If I unplot some of my plots to give to Jimmy, the warden and/or the neighbors buffers cover my plots, since they were here before I was. I just lost plots. Jimmy is sad and leaves. I get sad and leave.

This system might be ok if:
A. It was implemented on a fresh new planet.
B. There were no dense cities, communities, malls, markets, etc (perfect for “solo” players :wink: )
C. People never quit the game. Ever.
D. We could contact people for plot permissions 24/7 around the globe. Even when they are sleeping. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
E. There were only 50 people playing the game & in a guild because they need to all join the same guild & have the same beacon/plot permissions.

7 Likes