Testing 232: Closed Storage and Decorative Blocks!

Yeah that’s what I thought…

… if people dont like the cost of crafting then they can just use sand right?

3 Likes

yes, indeed - but how many people really go just after the visual effect?
some do (and there are great examples of natural blocks used out there) but most, I think, prefer to have both visual and prestige effect (while there will be some that go just for prestige and hoard high end blocks in a few chunks, pretending it’s a build :wink:)

so, people want concrete, even if it doesn’t look that “high end” on inspection, and would want it to be easier to make (even for lowered prestige)
at the end, if you have a few similar looking blocks, at least you can pick the prestigious one

btw - prestige is not just about in-game value; when I see someone’s build made of a lot of expensive materials, I think “fair play to him/her: they put a lot of work crafting those, or spent a lot of coin on it - either way, congrats for the effort and ability to both acquire high end blocks and building something with a wow factor”.

ALL IN ALL - I find all the new blocks recipes acceptable, although I might change my mind there after it all hits live and I start crafting; perceived difficulty before actual working on things can change - so maybe we should all wait with extreme reactions and judgment until we see how difficult it really can be to get those blocks (no matter if it’s gathering ingredients and crafting or buying for coin); life has ways to change preconceived ideas about things and what seem like hard now, can become easy enough after

4 Likes

Because people keep asking, the wiki has been updated with the new crafted blocks and the new placeable seam blocks. Also, the new storage blocks but I haven’t updated the generic page for storage yet. As always, it’s a work in progress and it’s a wiki so anyone can contribute (hint hint).

5 Likes

Finally, some kind of Motivation for me to actually use my large scale farm.

7 Likes

The new storage blocks are giving me all kinds of ideas on how to redo my storage buildings and how to decorate market stalls.

This is what I put together so far.

16 Likes

I went to char last night and picked up what i needed for the new materials.

I still feel this is a bad design decision considering i can make brick mixture which by its ingredients list is basically concrete…which typically requires cement… you could argue its mortar but that’s just another form of cement.

This really should have been something like you make concrete with normal materials from t1-3 planets and then needed kindling shreds and opals to make patterned concrete.

This would have at least helped the economy in that new players had a crafted item that they would be able to compete with older players to sell. (possibly moving into a intermediary step in the production chain.)

4 Likes

How do you figure? Wouldn’t older players also be able to flood the market and devalue these due to the ease of gathering the material?

1 Like

concrete is going to be a seamless, single colour block… That in itself is almost priceless and worthy of being considered as a late game block for my purposes; I’m just happy we’re getting it!

3 Likes

Okay, I am over it …
On my way gathering supplies for the new concrete factory.
Please don’t change recipe now :sunglasses:

5 Likes

If they do I want a reimbursement for what I spend the past few days, lol

1 Like

I’m happy to get any content at any point, and I will craft and use the concrete. I’ve been playing for quite a while and it’s not that hard for me to do. But I’ll personally never view anything that’s simply called “concrete” as a high end block and I think a lot of new players may take the same view. Just strongly feel it’s the wrong recipe or the wrong name for the block.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the sand make a difference to the colour?
Just a thought :thought_balloon:

Can someone tell me if decorative gravel recipe will change?

Compared to current Live or current Testing?

Yes compared to current live universe. I don’t want to craft it now if it’s going to be easier next update :thinking:

I want to grow my combination farm

It’s Gravel and Bonding Agent now.

5 Likes

So I was reading another thread and it sent me back over here:

I see this thread is full of the same atm.

I’ve typed up a bunch of posts for this thread and deleted them as I see I’m in the minority on this. The changes to existing block recipes make me unhappy. I also think that the more decorative forms of a block should consume the block, which many people spoke out against.

IDK there’s a lot of vocal people here that want everything flattened and simplified when looking at items individually and not the ecosystem overall. I can’t be bothered to point by point a bunch of it at this stage, especially as it seems we’re getting close to the release of these blocks and some of the new storage.

I’ve been a bit listless and as more of the game depends on farming which I’m not into and raw materials/flat crafting trees, I’m less interested in playing overall. Which is probably fine since i’ve found over time that I’m less interested in placing things (blocks/seeds/whatever) than breaking them.

IDK not sure why I’m bothering to post at this stage just, feeling “meh” about the whole thing and the endless stream of complaints too. Even though it’s not “my thing” I’m glad to see people adjusting to how the farming component will, in the end, actually reduce the investment into the concrete, as was requested.

I’m looking forward to the lighting changes and the coil repair change has me wanting to make a new workshop finally, when i can get the interest and motivation together to actually build something. Knowing that the more capable storage forms are still “out there” somewhere will leave me hanging for a while as I don’t care to invest a bunch of time and materials into intermediate forms with that on the horizon.

In the meantime I just sit on tens of thousands of blocks and a ton of SEBA and ingredients that are about to become devalued in terms of price and possibly prestige, and continue to wait for the changes I’m more interested in.

I hope that the large reduction in essence requirements for what were the high end blocks is offset by the increased forms using the lower level bonding agents. Since there hasn’t been a large market for regen farming the low level orbs required I wonder if there won’t be a general price increase on those recipes, though, while people catch up and some new orb farms get built.

Mehhh. I don’t need coins anyways so I’ll probably just sit on the glue I have until the requirements for the final storages are given. IDK.

Despite a couple things that I really want being in here i’m not very excited about the update overall as it’s mainly content I don’t have a bunch of use for, changes to my comfort zone, and the particular new items I was mostly interested in sit out on an unknown horizon along with the feature i’ve hoped for more than anything since James mentioned it as a possibility

Sorry to ramble and be depressing but as we get to the phase where things are basically in a holding pattern with people waiting for the new release I just felt the need for some catharsis.

I’m not sure if I should make a bunch of marble right now to use the SEBA I have before the recipe changes or sit on it and see if there’s demand for the few recipes that will still require it since there will be, presumably, fewer producers. Though TBH not many people have been making it in bulk anyways.

If the marble would be required in the decorative marble recipes at least that would make more sense.After the update it will be literally harder for me to make since I have a huge backlog of shadow orbs and the glut on pulsating orbs is about to be crazy.

blahhhhhhhhh :exploding_head: I probably shouldn’t even post this as it probably doesn’t make a lot of sense but, whatever. It’s more confusion than complaining, I guess.

2 Likes

You ll need your Puls orbs and for the new marble and gravel you ll need your Seba If i m informed correct.

Yeah, I know there are still uses for SEBA, though i haven’t taken the time to memorize all the new recipes I’ve skimmed over the pics.

There’s going to be a mad glut on pulsating orbs I think and for those that won’t gather it seems like for a minute the bonding agent is likely to be pretty pricey for those that prefer buying to gathering. It depends on how many people are willing to meet the demand. Those orbs already have decent demand for their use in food and forging ingredients.

At the beginning all the complaining about SEBA revolved around the shadows but I think people got over that pretty quick and now it’s about not wanting to mine or buy the essence. The reason that I’m wondering about just making a bunch of marble right now is because I have thousands of shadows on hand and nothing for pulsating. So even after the market value (and possibly prestige) change I might rather have used them for the marble, leaving me open to sell pulsating if I decide to start farming some, instead of feeling pushed to harvest them for personal use if I suddenly get clear on what/how i want to build my new workshop with the coil changes.

I’ve been stumped over storage for a while and that’s going to stay on the back burner, it looks like.

@james are you willing to tell us if auto-queuing crafting machines is a real thing, on the ‘roadmap’ any time soon? If not, at least i know i better start looking for another processing person if I want to revive that aspect of my gameplay.

1 Like

Finally central heating

2 Likes