Testing 234: Chiselable Glass!

Awh, right, didn’t think of that…
Guess that would be too much of an advantage…
Dang it.

Well, in any case, if I can host a public server, decide which level it is, and which colors it has, which overall shape the terrain has… I think I’d be happy with that.

2 Likes

Me too, but it’s hard to pay attention to all blocks!

Who knows if in the future we will have to collect colored soils too or any other block that most of us usually don’t pay attention to.

2 Likes

I’m actually kinda afraid of that, lol

Also, I used to have one huge storage for sand, all sand colours mixed, I used them to make glass, any sand would do anyway.

Now I have had to split them into throw away sand (Dark Rose is a colour people keep selling to me, lol) and the rest is nicely sorted in a room near it!

1 Like

From what we have been told before, there might be two types of planets. Rented that connect to the public universe and private that do not. The private do not have to follow the rules of the public universe so you can have diamonds growing from trees if you wanted. But as you stated you cannot move between the private planet and the public universe. I would imagine you would need a separate character for the private planet. Otherwise you could exploit rule changes to level your character.

A rented planet has to follow the rules of the public universe. However, from what we were told in the past you can restrict access to a rented planet. So I can prevent players from visiting as well as building on a rented planet or give everyone access to do whatever on a rented planet. This may be due to the fact that a planet server cost is based on how many players can be on the planet at the same time. So if you rent a planet that can only host 4 players simultaneously, you might want to restrict access to only a few players so they can always get to the planet. Especially if they have builds on the planet. If you allow all players to “visit” then it is possible that you could not even get to your own planet.

1 Like

Skimmed the thread I suppose? :wink:

Ehh, I see why you replied, it’s a definitions thing.

Rented planet to me is ANY planet I pay money for.

There are 2 types of rentable planets, private ones where you can change as much as you like to the rules and public ones which have to follow the rules of the already existing normal planets.

I don’t think I’ve read that before tho, since it would seriously be rather bad if this is something that can be done.

If you can prevent players from visiting you basically have a private planet in the public universe.

I would not be ok with that.

I am expecting any and all planet that is public and connected to the universe will be visitable by anyone. If they can do more than just look that depends on the settings I suppose, tho mining/gathering perms would also be a tad weird to me. Building/plotting perms, oh heck yes, without that I would never pay for my own planet.

Perhaps they can leave one slot open for the owner of the planet, problem solved :wink:

1 Like

The reason I do not use the term public is that I think that implies anyone can do anything just like they can in the current public universe. The last statement did imply that the planet renter/owner could limit access so that means the planet is not public like Boori.

Not really. If I have a group or a guild that wants to build on the planet then they all need to get there when every they want to as long as the planet supports enough players. Why should someone that has nothing to do with the planet renter get any preference over the planet owners friends or guild who may have builds or e working on a build with the planet owner?

Edit:

James discussed in this topic about limiting rented planet access.

4 Likes

Indeed, I remember seeing some of that (the one it links to) but didn’t remember he already talked about public/private like you do.

I do also remember somewhere tho that he said self-hosted wasn’t going to be an option in the beginning right away but that you would be able to change the rules of WS-hosted ones which would then not be linked to the rest.

So we can whitelist/blacklist people, not sure how that will pan out. I mean if only a select few can have access to a planet and it has some nice colours…

Yeah that’s something I don’t want to see.

But I think being able to block some one it’s ok I mean if there is a guy messing up with you, building ■■■■ around your base and such, you should be able to kick him out :crazy_face:

1 Like

To be honest, if I get a rental world, I’m pretty sure I’ll use it like Rick uses his :

But if someone dares to come and poop in my toilets, know that just like Rick, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will drop-kick you in lava.
3 Likes

Guys, this thread is going off topic. It’s not about rental planets.
@Stretchious @Havok40k

I had thought about trying to recreate this scene in game. Complete with personal throne lololol

1 Like

But on the other hand, do you think there is anything substantial and on-topic to add to this thread? The conversation shifted somewhat organically.
If someone does have something substantial and on-topic to say, it’s not like we’d prevent that person from doing so, y’know?

1 Like

I’m not going to move anything right now because I’m hella busy, but I will wag my finger and remind everyone to please (checks notes) stay on topic and create a new topic if you are going to discuss a new topic at great length. Okie? Please excuse me, I have fires to put out at work IRL today.

4 Likes

I think it’s a good discussion that should be on a thread about rental planets. It doesn’t belong here.

1 Like

Thing is, the devs will open their own Rental Worlds thread soon after the update goes live, if James is to be believed, so opening a new thread about it now seems pointless.

1 Like

Last Testing update before Live. Mainly fixing visual issues exposed by the new OIT renderer.

12 Likes

Sure sure…

3 Likes

Is HDR on PS4 (Pro) new or was it supposed to already work in the current Live version?

Since I’ve never seen the HDR popup when starting the game…

1 Like

Me either, pops up for other games but not boundless for me

2 Likes

Indeed, same here.

But, this is kinda making me all excited! Would we be getting PS4 Pro support, a higher resolution than 1080p with HDR??? Might also mean the game overall can run better!!!

Please, @james, tell me Pro support has been added? :slight_smile:

2 Likes