Testing 234: Chiselable Glass!

17 Likes

Actually my favorite piece of this update haha

6 Likes

The glass never causes us lag. Yea we have around 80k glass dome.

2 Likes

Have you gone to test server to see what the change on it looks like yet?

1 Like

< Gob, 5 hours ago >
“Well, there’s no reason for me to stay up late today, Imma head out.”
< Gob comes back to his computer just now >
< points a finger at the new chests >
WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOSE?! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I completely skipped over the shiny new items part and went straight to the engine topic and fixes… I hope that makes the game more playable in my case again :smiley:

Fixed a large CPU overhead when moving around the world quickly due to lighting sampling that could sometimes reduce FPS drastically for a period of time.”

Some crashdumps submitted, seems mouse movement during adv coil placement will cause client to close down.

1 Like

Thanks for this, really appreciate you all who test and post the pics and videos! :smiley: And LOVING the new containers! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::+1: Shared the video! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s interesting, I missed that bit. Can’t get on tonight but hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to check it out. Thanks for pointing that out :slightly_smiling_face:

Omgggg I wish I had time to play this game 14 hours a day again. What a fun time it was :star_struck:

7 Likes

sRKgdVOw6qEwDAbJR1

F****** im out of sand and silty. I guess i have to go get get a lot more.

:wink: so how long do i have to prepare.

Btw are pains changeable to block?

So did the idea of making the basket something that can attach to poles and beams get scrapped? Or is there some big secret props/interactable props and hangables coming down the pipe to add to this?

Also super excited for the new chiselable glass!!!

8 Likes

Any luck getting this added to this release @James ? People have been asking for it…

6 Likes

I love this. :heartpulse: Thank you. :grin:

1 Like

Not gonna lie…I’d prolly soil myself in excitement

2 Likes

Dang, didn’t know they updated the textures and added vehicles. Secret patch notes.

5 Likes

You didn’t see the airplanes and dragons yet?

:thinking:

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: and more!!

3 Likes

We did explore this but the issue is that you can’t destroy your own home beacon. So if you get into trouble then you can always warp home and recover. But if you set a foreign beacon as your home then it can be destroyed by another character or player. This could leave you recovering to an abandoned location - without means to recover.

4 Likes