Testing 234: Chiselable Glass!

is it not possible just to emit more light (wider light range) without changing gleam block color?

1 Like

Apparently no :thinking:

1 Like

Maby i should have posted this here :thinking:

Yea they do, the only difference between a shadow and bright coulour is the black/white component(ambient.). The rgb relation are the same over a coulour (eg. all orange have the same relation by rgb (if i undestand it right))…

Edit:
Nwm, just saw Lucas post, it explain it better then my halting english…

That’s why I miss the old lighting. Aesthetically I like a lot of the darker colors but lighting wise I hate them. That’s why the only thing I’ll use when it’s not outdoors is white. And in fact there’s times where it still seems likely it should emit a little further. And the light does weird stuff some times. I have spots in my build where you’re obviously standing in a well lit area but it still seems kinda dark because there’s other spots you can stand and everything is bright.

1 Like

Can we just try and see if the risk is worth the reward?
I really wish I could have a same beacon as home for all my alts :frowning:

2 Likes

lighting ideas

28 Likes

hanging food offerings :slight_smile:

combine storage

19 Likes

@james when viewed from above, the adjoining corners of the neighbouring orante gleam boxes seem to flicker between asserting dominance rather than having a seamless flow from one to another.

on the other hand, the metal ornate boxes look so very cool from above :+1:

cool new flooring

14 Likes

I still wish we could place storage block face up when in the floor

5 Likes

Can’t wait for this update. Finally getting more depth for blocks and building.

@james any chance we have the ability to rotate storage blocks 45 degrees? I really would love to have the fruit basket in the corner of a room :slight_smile:

1 Like

And Luca screams in pain when he hears people are going to build floors and walls out of these :smiley:

8 Likes

Good point. Didn’t think about that. In most cases I’d expect people to set either their main guild HQ or their own main character’s beacon as home. So I’d see that risk being very limited and not bad enough to deny the feature option. Worst case is then just link it only to the same account so at least people can set that home for their own alts only. Then the concern you raise basically goes away.

Is the coding small enough to allow that for the same account your characters could select one for your own beacons only?

3 Likes

Maybe it’s an account thing that includes Gleam Club data. That could get really messy :woman_shrugging:t3:

hm they need a T part thats all lol

Or just a big warning message that says “This is not your beacon, owner can break the beacon at anytime and you may end up in wilderness next time you warp home, do you want to set as home anyways?”

Yoink! Nice one

Ehmm, has this changed then? Since quite a few of my alts have no actual home beacon but they do have a ‘home’ since it uses the location where the last home beacon was.

Would this not work the same then?

Also, since apparently we can ask for what to include in this update, how about character transfer? :wink:

1 Like

Hold me back then…(lol jk)
:pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3: A couple of new races
:pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3: A couple more cosmetics and/or tattoos
:pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3: Any form of transportation (besides our 8 toes)

2 Likes

First I wanted to asked for titans, warp wraith and a whole slew of other things but haha, was not serious anyway!

2 Likes