Testing 234: Chiselable Glass!

Ehmm, what’s wrong with the recipe?

Tho, granted, an alternative recipe where a glass block’s colour would be determined by the sand used would be neat too, especially since we can make 88 different colours sand from the permanent planets and we can spray paint gravel/rocks and turn those into sand too…

1 Like

Come on, we all know gleam will be added to the recipe to make stained glass :joy:

Perhaps it’s time to introduce a new mat!

A gleam particle! One block in a compactor creates 100 gleam particles. With those particles we can colour glass, 9 for a masscraft of 100 or something like that!

Which is handy since I almost have all the gleam colours! And even tho of some only 1 or 2 or at least less than 10 with this I could actually use them in a slightly bigger build! :slight_smile:

Well, in that case, so as not to be unreasonable, this afternoon is acceptable, rather than this morning :ok_hand:

2 Likes

what is wrong with glass pane recipes?

They want to be able to make glass whatever color they want. So they think the current recipe is bad since it doesn’t allow for that

3 Likes

you jinxed it…def gonna be tomorrow though (day off!)…

2 Likes

The clock is ticking, it’s 4pm in the UK, so still another hour or so of the working day.

I have great faith that the devs would not let us all down by not releasing today…

:innocent:

Can we stop asking for recipe changes?

I don’t want to end up needing kindling mass for glass just to get more colors

5 Likes

Perfect example of “You cant please all of the people all of the time.”

9 Likes

Sign changer would be a good permission too

3 Likes

YAY been wanting to chisel glass for like… Forever! :sunny: :smiley:

Can we have this update tomorrow??? :pray: this will be epic!!

I’d love to see this tomorrow, but doesn’t it usually take at least a week to bugtest?

That said, I have a whole winter contest ready to launch as soon as this update goes live.

3 Likes

Lots of engine changes. I would be (happily) surprised if it released this week.

As much as I would like to see it happen, I don’t really think it will.

Most testing has been around 2 weeks before going live, even when it seemed like it was OK.

There has been some exceptions where it’s been a little quicker, but not so much recently, and there’s been a few where it’s taken a bit longer!

They don’t tend to go live on a Friday either, so I’d guess 2 weeks today, if I put my cold logic hat on.

1 Like

And not all recipes are on Testing yet, also I don’t think glass panes are already non-meshes on Testing, or did I read that wrong?

Am not expecting it until next Tuesday/Wednesday at the earliest, probably a week later even if some issues are being found…

Updated OP with details of Testing 234.1. Main changes are:

• switching panes into the voxel world
  • adding stylish + ornate glass
  • added smart texturing for the ornate glass.
14 Likes

* MEANWHILE AT WONDERSTRUCK STUDIO *

Could there be a Smart texture system added to other blocks?
Like the refined stones and metal blocks?
Maybe a forge trait could have the ability to add or remove the smart texture effect of these blocks?

< screams of anguish resonnate from Wonderstruck studio >

8 Likes

Actually - I was already thinking about other materials that could take advantage of this system. For example, a “patterned carpet”, conveyor belt system, networks of pipes, networks of wires.

I think anything that is decorated or laid-out or sculpted makes sense.

What ideas do we have?

Does that make me the idiot?

38 Likes