Testing 236: Holiday Stability!

Lazy ppl…

1 Like

Ummmm… Info on a hunters update? I love the fixes and appreciate them. Just patently (kinda) waiting for hunting update. 1 year plus and no hunting update

2 Likes

ok I’m a bit worried about this. will it affect beacons that have already been deleted by removing it from our list?
I have been using this to my advantage as I have only one beacon now, owned by an alt. the area is pretty big and all my stuff is in the center, which is also where I park all my alts.
they all also have to have a home.
what I have done is unplotted a column in the center with the owner alt and set up a temporary beacon and set it as home on each of my alts including my main. (and then re-plotted with the regular beacon owner)

will this change remove the (removed from world) home beacons from the list and homes of those alts?
essentially one is the other because if it gets removed from my list, I cannot warp home anymore.

(continues reading)
oh. so I’m good then? as long as it is set to home it will not disappear from my list?

This shouldn’t be a thing IMO… I think the durability for everything should be pooled into one value (whether the max is with one coil or 24, the values will be different, but still should be one pool.)

Maybe patience is in order? Maybe this update is part of a grand plan?

1 Like

as a developer myself I gotta applaud this move :smiley:

1 Like

< Gob goes back to the Garland concept arts from @Minyi with biiiig puppy eyes >
< Gob injects himself with 20 ccs of concentred concept art in his veins >

Ooooh yeah. That’s the stuff I needed.

2 Likes

Maybe hopefully it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want a hunt update too, but I rather have stability updates before a big hunting update. Performance is not always good at hunts

4 Likes

Very true.

@james There’s one thing bugging me a while now.
The pigment processor is so weak that I cannot have it run overnight. If I craft a stack of 900 color sprays the machine/coils is almost broken after, since I want to craft overnight rather than checking in all 2 hours it would be great if it’s durability could be increased ^^

4 Likes

Minor update to Testing.

6 Likes

Most companies in the US put change freezes into effect during the last quarter of the year.
No patches, no installs, no reboots in some cases until January. A lot of retailers and providers go into change freeze around black friday/thanksgiving week.

Edit: Its due to the limited number of staff on hand around the holidays to assist with something “should something go wrong” you wouldnt want psn/steam to just be down for 3 days because bob was in the Bahamas…

6 Likes

Sorry for that… Never heard of it.
(And i do not mean to be sarcastic.)… (Ok, maybe a little… :))

1 Like

all good mate :smiley:

Updated OP with a change to better protect closed storage.

14 Likes

Then can we one shot empty storage pls? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I actually find this a bit of a pain!

I regularly have been breaking closed storage and using the previous mechanic to quickly grab all the contents.

Now I have to open the box, take things out one by one, then break the box.

Can this setting be changed to an on/off option in the settings, that way those of us that are not affected by the bug that prompted this are not then limited by the change.

4 Likes

It’s not as fast but you can drop things straight from the storage to the floor then do that same thing (as the dropping items from storage bug was fixed)

2 Likes

yes please

2 Likes

Yeah, but it still would be better to have the option to turn this off and on.

Seems like it would be an easy enough addition, so those that are affected by the issue can protect themselves, and those that will not be affected can choose to have it as it was.

It can even be defaulted to how it is now, so that you have to choose to turn it off, and a little warning comes up.

1 Like