Testing 236: Holiday Stability!

Sure, sure.
Gubba nub nub doo rah kah.
As far as I’m concerned, I’ve said my peace. In the past, nothing good ever came out of debatting with you, it always goes like the paradox of the ‘immovable force meets an unstoppable object’, so I’ll leave it at that.

2 Likes

Haven’t people been asking for static/unbreakable plots just as long if not longer then plot protection? Think like a dev ok “recoding plots and beacons to take up more area, let’s add unbreakable option to beacons too”. Is expanding protection harder than adding an option to not break this plot? If my alt can’t break it but on same account is it that hard to make it so main builder can’t either? Actual questions cuz know ■■■■ about that kinda coding and stuff

3 Likes

Yes, I am gonna wait 10 seconds to go to sanctum before getting up and opening the door! Uh huh, makes total sense!

LOL, sometimes stuff happens fast and you do not have time to switch tools or go to sanctum. That you have such a nice quiet life that you can do all that good for you, not everyone is the same!

Also, awesome snipping of my quote!

That is what the … are for, how do I solve that with going to sanctum or switching tools, hmm?

Also, I can not imagine you never made a booboo by accident, I just can’t, so am not sure why you are a tad silly about this to the ones that admit that they do…

But for farms that you build yourself it has nothing to do with laziness and in all honesty I really resent the use of the word in this case period. It’s actually kinda insulting if I’m honest.

And here’s another one, also, this applies to you in replies to people like this one since you don’t seem to care much…

Again omitting the fact that it has other uses as well that you so nicely cut out of my quote which incidentally also makes it seem I zone out all the time while playing and when going afk I don’t pay attention.

Please be a smidge kinder to people, it’s ok to discuss things but to simply dismiss them as being lazy and careless is not the best way to go about it, makes my hairs stand up.

5 Likes

To hopefully kill the pesky mythical creatures that keep ruining my garden.

3 Likes

Lazy, careless, nope, no judgement there at all! Please now Xalda.

And you ARE most definitely trying to do what that thread is about, decide for the devs if it’s a lot of work or not, you do NOT know that, perhaps one of them sees this and goes “oh, I can add that in 10 minutes, hold my beer”, so better to not go that route.

Saying that you think that dev time is better spend elsewhere is one thing, saying that it’s gonna take days and days of coding is doing what that thread was about, you don’t know, let the devs decide.

Also, besides doing that, also never ever say stuff like lazy/careless, it’s insulting.

If you don’t like it, say that, if you feel it would be wasted dev time, say that and keep it at that but sometimes you have this tendency to say stuff in such a way that makes us reply to what you said and the way you said it which results in friction between players. It is better for the game and the community if we could avoid that, don’t you agree?

Well you most certainly come across like you are tho!

Fact or you just think like it is like that?

Again, there is more than one way to shoot an idea down, usually your way tends to not always be the most sensitive way :wink:

3 Likes

Beacon build protection from owner or option where character could do only damage on plotted area while on plot view (or something similar) would be useful. I hope game will get it some day.

I want it because of how much damage bombs can do and this auto hold bug on PC - it can happen when exiting inventory, places or some other menu or just when leaving from chat mode. I am often on my base holstering stuff and trying to be sure that not having bombs on inventory-wheel.
Still sometimes I have hit something down from my base, luckily still 0 inventory bombings or lava walls that would have made storage vanish with its contents.

Like Aenea wrote this protection option would also help on places like regen farms , bombing arena sports and maybe for other clever ideas like that.

Now players are going to use alts for that, not problem but some of us might like to just keep all beacons under one character and not look any reason to split beacon for footfall :smiley:

I don’t see why there couldn’t be possibility to have option to save/protect own building except keeping beacon options simple as possible.

2 Likes

You do realise you don’t have to stay at the game for those ten seconds, you can get up while it takes you to the sanctum

he is trying to create discussion about the idea and whether it would be worth the devs time to add it into the game.

how hard is it to make sure to not have a destructive tool in your hand.

what is so urgent that you need to drop everything in such a hurry that you don’t have a couple seconds to switch your tools to something that won’t destroy your stuff. I am sure someone at the door wouldn’t mind waiting a couple seconds for you.

the only thing I can see where you would have to drop everything would be an emergency such as a fire or something similar.

8 hours :eyes:
oortmas3

8 Likes

Did you not read thru all of it?? 4 year old screaming and crying. Sorry not the kinda dad to say nope hold on while I make sure my GAME is perfect before I deal with you. With a controller yeah you kinda have to make sure you go to sanctum fully cuz you can put it down in a hurry and it hits the cancel button and just goes to town on your build for 5-10 minutes. Again his discussion didn’t answer that fact that unbreakable plots have been just as much asked for as “plot” protection but we got that. Or settlements being overridden but we got guilds so doesn’t happen. Just my fatherly 2 cents

3 Likes

Ok so I’m not trying to make this “everyone against xalda” but I don’t think it’s necessary to threadcrap any idea you don’t agree with. Let the devs do their job deciding if an idea is worth doing based on time taken. If you think an idea would HURT you somehow, sure, argue against it. But for an idea like this, if you don’t think YOU would use it feel free to state this without a big paragraph about why OTHER people’s needs are invalid. You may not realize you are doing this.

7 Likes

That’s a big paragraph dk!!! Had to sorry buddy

2 Likes

yes, I did and all I got from it was everyone attacking xaldafax rather then discussing the idea. Xaldafax may come off as really standoffish at times, but he means well and wants to see this game succeed like everyone else. everyone else need to stop being so rude and just keep things on topic.

I have been a part of this community for quite a while, though I’m not as active as I once was, because this entire forum has become extremely toxic, why can’t people just agree to disagree and just remain calm and civil, it is not that hard to be polite, Treat Others as you Wish to be Treated. I am sick of seeing how bad this forum has gotten and while there were toxic people back then, there wasn’t as many, can’t we just try to get along and be respectful, we all want what is best for the game and while we all might disagree on what is the best way, that is where calm and reasonable discussion can figure out the best solutions, but constantly attacking the other person and their comments rather then building off of what they are saying and coming up with constructive criticism is not going to get anything done.

Genuine question here. I know on PC if we hit the z button it puts our hands at a resting position, and even if we click the left or right mouse it won’t use a tool because it essentially is a “put away” feature. Does PS4 have this function? a single input to put your tools away is very handy, I often do it inside my beacons.

1 Like

Ok… so other people besides him/her have an opinion it’s attacking. I’m sorry you saying “oh you can’t do this or that to make sure this or that doesn’t happen?” No I can’t I have more responsibilities and ■■■■ going on to make sure that my controller is perfectly level and nothing happening whenever I need to get up in a hurry. So implying or saying people are careless or lazy or stupid cuz chainsaw in a tree is ok? Sorry not a kid have kids can’t perfectly put down my CONTROLLER not a MOUSE 24/7

3 Likes

Compared to how toxic other forums and games can be, This is a 5 star island vacation in a deluxe hotel that provides a complementary rainbow colored electric unicorn to ride around in.

1 Like

yeah, this is definitely better, but it is getting worse

1 Like

Yes pressing down on the dpad does this. But pressing right or left trigger pulls your stuff out again I believe (I’ll have to test this)

yeah, that is a bit to far, but in that situation strive to be the better person when you respond to someone like that, otherwise you just get into a bad loop of toxic responses, that derail a discussion

1 Like