Testing 236: Holiday Stability!

Yes forge buffs that turn hammers into 1 shot nukes. No longer does your auto hammer hit ruin a small area of your build but it literally wipes out 1000 plot area. :). Too soon?

4 Likes

Are you pulling my leg? :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

1 Like

I probably spend the majority of my time at any of my builds either expanding, modifying, adjusting, adding, tweaking etc etc that a lock down feature would be more of a nuisance to me personally so wouldn’t be something I’d use. I have on the odd occasion run through my main base with a chisel and accidentally taken a chunk out of a floor or wall so soon learnt to just switch to a non destructive/damaging item unless it’s needed.
I can see from a lot of the comments in this thread that some people would find it useful if it was implemented and options are always good but personally it’s not something at the top of my list.

3 Likes

Yep ditto. But if I had a workshop at the top of a giant castle and drilled a 3x3 hole down to lava while AFK I’d be pretty sad. Also if I was poor cyanide I’d have considered rage quitting. He was pretty chill about it all things considered.

2 Likes

Oh i was infuriated when it had happened but i told myself i had to regain what i had lost while doubting the devs would be able in giving what i had lost and so i spent 4 hours per day for the 5 days left of the gleambow event to get back what i had lost. Although it wasn’t as great as my last collection i had amassed for my gleam like my shadow cerulean gleam which i didn’t get as much as i used to have :cry: But at least i got back all the colours in various amounts again. I’ve talked about this already in the post i made in more detail but at least they did listen to me and the fact that this is an issue an issue which has been resolved and for that i am happy for.

3 Likes

You are telling me that after spending hours building a farm that is useful for many people, which allows us to save time by locating the resource you need and maximizing its obtaining, you ask your builder to leave of her construction?. Why don’t you want us to have this improvement in our quality of life or why you don’t like regenerative farms?

The excuses you use seem disrespectful to others’ time without giving any argument against why the blocking of the beacons is not good…
Until now you have only told us that you do not like regen farms and that the rest are clueless. No argument to deny us that improvement in the quality of life. If you do not like regen farms is your problem. The game allows 3x3 tools and allows regen bombs. How these tools are used depends on each one.

Whether you like it or not, these farms exist and have an audience. Why should someone abandon their construction and look for another? It makes no sense… At least give us some argument against the blockade instead of many assumptions and speculations about the possible difficulty of development or prejudices about people…

2 Likes

I kinda see where he is coming from with Regen farming. It does feel a little cheap when I do it. But it makes a lot of people very happy so I’m not about to argue against it.

Now if only they’d add plants to the Regen effect so I can farm 10,000,000 glowcaps (jkjk I know this would destroy the economy)

He’s still trying to decide for the devs even tho the devs said they can do that themselves…

He’s also insulting people.

How hard is it to put yourself in someone else’s shoes and realise not everyone is the same?

Shall I repeat my answer to or did you get it the first time around?

Tell that to Xalda!!!

I think I did???

Look, again, I don’t mind the occasional booboo I have made, I did that myself, I would like it tho if I could use a setting like this on my farms. Right now I need to have one of my alts plot it and beacon so the character that uses the farm has no perms there, it’s a workaround but a setting like this would make things much easier!

3 Likes

As I said before if he just says he doesn’t know how much time it would cost but if it’s too much that he would think it’s a waste of the devs time and stop at that point, but nope he starts calling people lazy and careless, says that the rest of us need to think more like a dev yadayada, if he would simply just leave that out this thread would be quite a bit better.

Now I and others feel insulted, belittled and are made to feel less than Xalda is, that’s not the way to get a proper discussion…

If it’s not too much for the devs a simple additional setting on a beacon would be lovely. Perhaps this can be done when more beacons permissions are added as well, because splitting up permissions more would be an excellent thing, not just for beacons but also for the advanced locks!

Like now if you want to share your farm you have to give them all 3 perms for them to be able to harvest, till and replant! That can be improved I feel!

So when they get around to doing such a thing, this one might actually be one of the easiest to implement and can do that at the same time.

Can we all agree on this line of thinking?

Again, I am not asking for it for when I am in a hurry and throw the controller down somewhere but I ask for my own public farms…

2 Likes

Very rude.

1 Like

Indeed, you might want to do that. The lazy/careless remark was not needed and fueled the flames. The tone that “how hard is it to…” sets is also not the best way to communicate you disagree with something.

Yes, please do!

:rofl:

I will remember that when you feel insulted :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good for you, you’re not the only one tho…

1 Like

well tbh im learned on mistakes, now im running thru portal hubs with empty hands - almost destroyed one of portal hub i got builder perms on :smiley: (exiting portal triggered auto attack )

Yeah you’re correct, I was surprised by that, still trying to figure out why it is like that.

Something big and experimental is coming soon to Testing, perhaps even before Christmas, ohhhhhhhhh!

I know I sure as heck can’t wait!

2 Likes

I hear it’s titans, warp wraith and a few other mobs we haven’t heard about yet. Finally!!!

Source? (10 characters)

James… in PM, of course that is all he said and my questions haven’t been answered yet, he’s such a tease that James! :smiley:

Down on d-pad to un equip things in both hands can be done in the same movement as putting your controller down. Not sure if you saw my comment or if you knew about that feature already.

Yeah I know but a human being can at times forget such a simple thing when there’s some urgency, an example for me for instance and I know some would probably want to berate me endlessly how bad it is yadayada and how easy it would be prevent it, but I can be the type of person that when needing to pee I go “yeah after this” and do that too long then suddenly there’s a really big urgency to go quickly :rofl:
Before anyone gets smart and tells me what I should do differently, this is just how I am, not everyone is the same blabla, plus in my current health situation getting up and going to bathroom isn’t the easiest and funnest to do so I naturally want to postpone it a little, hehe.

Anyway, the part you quoted is kinda out of context and we were kinda past finding ways to not make such a booboo. Besides, time and time again I did mention that I want it more for my public regen farms where putting away tools doesn’t work, but also said that I am ok if they consider it when they do an overhaul of the permissions one day…

3 Likes

I’d say I’ve had one mishap in the past 3 months, precisely because I tend to sheath my tools/weapons. On PC, it’s the W key. I guess on a subconscious level, I know better than using my machines or taking stuff out of my storage with my tools/weapons out.

Although, the whole point is, I realize some people don’t work like that, and I don’t fault them.
The example that got me was the one where something important gets you out of the game, when someone rings at your door, I get that it’s possible to drop everything and go see who it is without thinking of the in-game risks.
I’m certainly not gonna blame someone for having a mishap in that kind of situation.

I have felt insulted several times before by things Xal has said, things that were aimed “at no one in particular” and yet you know he must’ve had vaguely someone in mind, and for some reason, you might feel self-conscious about it and wonder if you were the target.

I recall the quite recent thread where Xal casually suggested that all the players who want ‘an easy button’ in the game should be packed together in a Creative Mode, suggesting they’re more like an annoyance to the rest of the playerbase.
I felt insulted by that remark because I could easily fit in that category of players, and he said it while debating one of my suggestion in a thread I wrote.
He didn’t apologized for that remark, no it was more like “I’m sorry you think you deserve an apology”
Indeed, it was my fault for taking it wrong, the way he phrased it wasn’t the problem! :roll_eyes:
And then, he has he gall to tell US that we should work on our communication style?
How many people telling you you’re doing something un-cool does it take to before you think “uh, maybe they’re onto something”?

And as a disclaimer, I know full well that I’m far from being the nicest person around, I know I often say things that are too harsh, and I’m always changing my posts when I feel like I’d written things that were ‘too much’. I’m also that guy who’s always making comparisons with other games like Creativerse or WoW (yeah, I hate when I do it too, I’m sorry for that).
That means I’m the last person who should be allowed to say any of this. Yet there are things that I read, surprizingly most of the time written by Xal, that just twitch my nerves.

I know it’s off to say it (hence the spoiler tag), but at one point I gotta say it, I always kinda feel bad when I see Xal mentioning how he’s having talks with the devs and how he knows things we don’t, or when he says “we will have to code that”, as if he was part of the dev-team, as if he earned that by skills. Unless I’m mistaken, it’s a perk he got via an EA tier he bought.
News flash, some of us also have experience in that domain.
As far as I’m concerned, I’ve been to a freakin’ video-game school, I’ve done actual video-game projects, I work on a daily basis on the Unreal Engine 4, I just spent the past week working on a fully functional level.

3 Likes