Testing 240: Compactness and Shopping API!

If your settlement is broken into smaller towns, I believe everyone that settled in/created the larger city would now receive less footfall.

5 Likes

Why care about someone caring about who cares about how someone cares about how they care about playing?

Ok but seriously I can understand the need to futureproof, but if the change is going to result in a loss of longtime players then I think it should be revised.

3 Likes

Can’t you just code in a grandfather. What I mean like when you represtiged Marble why couldn’t you keep the same values for what was already down? If it was broken and replaced the new value would apply. Is this not possible? Perhaps you can not have this affect current builds? I’m probably way out of my league here and am aware this just is not possible.

3 Likes

I have always tried to be considerate and pull back/adapt when requested. I also have (had…) ambitions to build a settlement that is creative but not contained to one area.
I have one current main build that then has various paths (mostly underground) leading to areas I would like to develop with a thosand ideas.
I find this proposed update and official responses tone deaf which doesn’t bode well for the future…is the future boundless? Apparently not.

3 Likes

I agree. I just don’t get your comment about players who have coin. Coin goes fast in this game. I’ve had 15 mil, spent it in a few days buying mats from people… community served. Rinse and repeat.

As I said, I was just curious. That is all

1 Like

Incorrect.

Building large beacons and large settlements is still allowed. And additionally the larger your beacon is the more it can expand and extrude.

I will take a look.

But it’s the current builds that are abusing reservations that are the issue. These need to be corrected.

We could continuously moderate our way through this - continuously contacting players asking them to correct their beacons. But how did they know that their beacon pattern was “against the rules”. What rules? These are the rules. And they’re built into the game so that they’re consistent for everyone.

But as I clearly said - please give us feedback on the balance so that we can make sure that the rules are a reasonable balance.

8 Likes

Ahh ok. I can answer then. When I’m beat from the hustle FF is a good way to earn coin if you have a thriving city. It can take the edge off providing for the 400k every week I shell out for my maxed out guilds buffs. So it definitely helps.

3 Likes

The footfall pays for the guild buffs and oort for the portals.

And like Savior says footfall is nice to have if you dont want to sell anything or when I spend most of my millions on items etc. (seems to happen every few weeks…)

Its a safety net for me, knowing there will always be coin for guild buffs and portals without causing stress like it used to in the past when I had less footfall but way more portals …

3 Likes

Perhaps someone should add a “building code” rules page to the wiki so that all players will have a clear & easy reference. And it can be amended every time it’s changed.

4 Likes

I will surely do. I’m all for this if it works correctly. It’s sounds good. It’s just the negative impacts for already placed cities that had no bad intentions. As you know people come and people go. People ask me to make a road for them from the city because they want to be a little off the path but connected. ( I actually stopped doing this a little while ago) so when their build goes, which most do, do I all of a sudden get a negative impact on my beacon. This is my main concern.

To be more simple. I make a city. Their are roads I made. Builds disappear in the city connected to my roads. I lose their and my prestige. Not that prestige is everything here but I do see it as property value I guess. Lol

4 Likes

Thank you…

If footfall pays for guild buffs, then is the guild really earning the guild buff, or are they just happening as a side effect of being in a large guild?

I guess that really goes to the question of whether guild buffs are envisioned as bonuses merely for being in a large guild, or something that guilds are supposed to actively work towards to achieve.

1 Like

I would say most of them do - they work hard & host hunts & events, provide quick travel via convenient portals, etc. They are also the ones that often provide ample help/guidance to new players.

Define large guild?

My guild has like 15 characters using it as their primary, 14 of those are mine :rofl:

Oh I wish more people would help with buffs. But what I’ve experienced is 99.9999 people just tag along. What’s so funny is how extremely easy it is to earn whatever in this game. Even after showing at least 150 people AT LEAST how to earn mad coin I may have got 1 small donation… ever. After they continued to live in the guild. But hey, I just do it. I love the buffs. I got over it a while back.

That actually doesn’t really change the question that much, but I’ll revise it for you:

Are guild buffs supposed to be incidental to you activities once you have ‘the right setup’, or something you work towards?

2 Likes

No idea what you are asking me.

I had to and still have to do work to be able to get the buffs, like using my alts to get more endeavour.

1 Like

Given the cost, worked toward by any means. Foot fall, sell baskets, selling. Killing titans. Oh wait. :joy:

1 Like

But if you’re getting at “the right set up” as in ff paying ALONE for buffs and oort that is not what we are saying.