Testing 241: Beacon Reclaims!

So just warp conduits ruin my lawn lol

3 Likes

Also ther 2 option? Delete Beacon and reclaim beacon?

There are 2 options now, yes, delete and reclaim…

1 Like

Ok thanks :grinning:

Woohoo Exploit time baby… only 530497523957320 more reclaims to go and I can build my own planet of peat!

6 Likes

Updated OP with details of Testing 241.3.

The main change is allowing fuel and GC to stop beacons that are in the process of expiring.

13 Likes

Any idea of when this is going to go live?

And will the compactness be a part of the same update when it does go live?

I think it will. And it seems they are now just dotting the i’s and such so hopefully next week!

Can’t wait, need to reclaim a bunch of old stuff!

5 Likes

As soon as this is live we can start asking for a special deplotter that reclaims the stuff from the deplotted plot. E.g. for people who want to move their workshop without moving the rest of the town.

3 Likes

Ooh ooh if it claims the one piece of dirt under the machine can we claim mantle as a Block lol

3 Likes

That should definitely be tested. o.o

1 Like

It only claims dirt blocks which had grass on them when you placed another block on top of it, as it changes the state of the block from being “Dirt with Grass” to just “Dirt” and “Grass Seed”.

4 Likes

Usually everything that is on Testing is for Production deployment once everything is ready. Rarely will they hold something back and usually would hold the release and fix the issue. They seem to be pretty consistent that nothing hits test until they are close to releasing it… if it isn’t ready for public consumption then they keep quiet about it and don’t put on test.

1 Like

Updated OP with details of 241.4.

9 Likes

(Note: in particular this was a case of the “variation” marble frieze blocks you get from using a block-changer forged chisel being present in a coupe storage inventories, which always drop the original crafted base type only and hence “illegal” for an inventory. Still trying to figure out how these Items managed to be created (no “hacking” suspected as being possible to begin with here, just some bug somewhere that managed to produce them to be tracked down))

2 Likes

This is a very very long thread; are the instructions for this for someone with Gleam Club in this thread somewhere? I watched Jiivita’s video but I have no Reclaim option in the beacon options. I was hoping to use this to remove many little gathering stash huts I have scattered everywhere andl let the space be used by someone else.

1 Like

The reclaim feature has not been added to live yet. It’s only available on the test server.
Gleam club does not apply to the test server.

3 Likes

Oops ::blush:: that explains it, thanks.

3 Likes

I wasn’t able to double check on testing as the servers seem to be down but I think this spark should be consumed slower as compact peat. This is still a perfect solution if you must move your spark generator, or reclaim your build.

But if it is consumed as fast or faster than compact hard coal it allows us to upgrade fuel for free.

At the moment it’s quite a challenge to build a workshop. You have the 100 spark link length restriction that forces you to build compact and you have the 512 complex object restriction that forces you to build not too compact. And if you’re using peat for fuel you most likely want to add multiple 16 spark generators cluster because of limited durability. (16 generators can consume only 1 SS of peat before they break, to consume e.g. 5 SS you need 80 generators)

If this change goes live and if this spark is going to be consumed nearly instant here’s what I’m going to do.

Instead of trying to connect as many machines as possible to as many spark generator clusters as possible I’m going to hook up the machines to a spark line and add 1 generator to it.

Then I’ll build another room filled with spark generators that I use to convert fuel to spark. The spark can then later be added to the generators in the workshop at which ever machine I need.

If this change goes live it’ll just make the most optimal way to use spark the most annoying one. Can you maybe consider to implement this change too? Have spark just exist “in the beacon”?

2 Likes

How would it be free? Still will need the time to change it from peat,coal,compact etc and plus the wear on the machines etc. Only true free thing in the game is the basic totem. :sweat_smile: and people selling it will obviously charge more than the counter parts due to the extra wear, repair, and time needed

Also Im not sure cause I haven’t tested it but isn’t the wear on the spark generator dependent on the amount of spark being processed. So the 1000 spark will wear them out faster

2 Likes