Testing 245: emojis not showing

1. Typing in works - it shows emoji in text box after typing is done.
  2. After hitting “confirm” button sign stays blank where emoji should be.
  3. After interacting with the sign again, emoji typed in earlier is gone from text box.

PS. Both new and old emojis I tried are bugged this way. Other signs (letters, numbers etc.) work fine.

Are you adding a space or anything by accident?

2 Likes

Try a second time

1 Like

You mean restarting the game? Cause I tried a few times on each sign and no luck.

Is there a list somewhere with the new emojis?

I haven’t looked for it yet. I just started guessing and trying a few things lol

the names of emojis given in the update description seem to be the ones (so :wildstock:, :wayfarertotem: and so on)

2 Likes

Also, are you in the game, or testing server, its in testing.

no spaces - no mistake of any kind in typing as the emoji shows up in text box

I had that playing live server a couple of times, when suddenly no emojis worked and then they did the next day.

1 Like

I am on a world called Dalan, testing servers.

PS. Restarted the game and placed a few new signs made of 1, 4 and 6 modules - tried each sign a few times. Still no sign of emojis (only visible in text box when editing sign content).

1 Like

GUI + HUD:

• Added emoji for:
    • Creatures: wildstock, spitter, cuttletrunk, hopper, roadrunner
    • Gear: totem, wayfarertotem, gleambowtotem, hammer, axe, shovel, chisel, spanner, tiller, fertiliser, colourspray, slingbow, bombbag, fist, grapple, torch, gemtorch, plotadd, plotremove
    • Resources: blastshard, burnshard, chillshard, corrosionshard, shockshard, toxinshard, oortshard, copperore, ironore, silverore, goldore, titaniumore, roughdiamond, roughruby, roughsapphire, roughamethyst, roughtopaz, roughemerald, roughrift, roughblink, roughumbris, roughoort
    • Crops: starberry, juicystarberry, glossystarberry, earthyam, waxyearthyam, exoticearthyam, wheatgrain, ricegrain, oatgrain, kranut, kindlingshred, combustionparticle, goopigment
1 Like

Well, I do have the same issue as boundmore, the new emojis aren’t showing on modular glass signs…

1 Like

I tried wood signs as well - no luck.

You’ve verified your files I assume?

1 Like

Major is currently streaming placing all sorts of emojis and its working fine

Maybe check file integrity in steam?
Oh durrr Dianne already said that

2 Likes

No i haven’t. I’ve never needed to. I switched between testing and live many times and only once have I had a problem and even then it wasn’t verifying that was needed to fix it.

I might verify the files as well anyway, so thanks for the tip.

1 Like

I validated my files, still not working tho…

1 Like

same here - and full restart of steam again and emojis still bugged

The emoji are still a GC perk - and you don’t have GC on Testing.

1 Like

:rofl: okay, hmppf, then it’s not a bug so that’s good!

I’d say it’s ready for Release! :joy:

1 Like