Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

Well you have the meteors and hostile creatures there. So only other thing might be double checking gem resources but that’s unlikely since all the other resources populate normally and there can’t be much difference if any on how the resources,mobs, etc work on this version of sovereign planets vs exo/perm planets. The only real thing that needs testing (from my perspective) are the things dealing with plotting, reclaim, and permissions and any new items that have been introduced. Those can be tested on tier 4 just fine. Oh and the color selection/reset stuff but that doesn’t matter which tier either.

1 Like

Not going to lie the lack of info plus all the hype around the rental world’s is really just making me over it before it has even gotten here.

Believe from experience I know stuff takes time and yes I too would rather it be right before launch, however it would still be nice to have some idea of when it is planned to be released around. IDC if it’s a 2 week or month estimate. Something to quell the hype and anxiety of antipiation this is causing some of us who really really are excited about this feature!

Just finished the atlas on my testing planet. Was a bit concerned with it being a metal world that lava would be everywhere but was able to explore all the regions without it getting in the way. Lots of big sand areas, huge fields of flowers, and my favorite type of lustre trees.

Some pics

9 Likes

I don’t know how much longer but I do know there is one more planned test planet release after the one that was just posted on today. I’m not sure how long those worlds last before they will do the next batch of people.

1 Like

FYI, if you change planet colors after completing the atlas the atlas will not update immediately to show the new colors but it will eventually update. Took about an hour after making additional changes to my world colors (after finalizing the first time) for the atlas to refresh and reflect the new colors.

1 Like

If the plan is still to not let people set their rental as “home”, is there anything that can be done differently about the skill page swap timer restriction. Or maybe any additional thought into letting players have 2 home beacons if the second home happens to be on their rental planet?

8 Likes

one of the lucky that did not get a lush world :smiley:.

Think all of this batch are coal or metal… not 100% sure though.

2 Likes

My future sovereign worlds, metal and coal.

2 Likes

Yeah I am soooo not a fan of not being able to set my home to a rental world.

And I kinda overlooked the skill page switching, that is going to be awful if I want to move my workshop to a rental, awful is an understatement, I know I am gonna curse quite often because of it, sigh…

1 Like

As-is it will definitely favor those that went the alt char route instead of the skill page route especially for crafting chars.

My main has a builder’s page, a farmer’s page, miner’s page and hunter’s page…

I switch quite often. Also I let my main craft as many things as possible on another page, and I really switch a lot!

Then there’s my crafter alt which can craft everything with the help of 5 skill pages, I need those to be available at a drop of a hat!

I also wish that the whole settlement would count as home beacon…

In any case, I really, really dislike this with a passion. And I’m hoping they are taking the time to solve this issue.

Because if it’s not done now I will keep asking for it every. single. week. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It is even annoying me on testing, having to go back to Dand to switch… so I can’t even imagine on Live.

2 Likes

This will be a “thinking it right” before building on a sovereign world instead of public.

If you stop paying/playing you will lose your builds since it will go into reclaim and the planet will get deleted.

Mine is Lush. Also only had a little bit of time right now to test. But I did change all my colors(90% shades/tones of cyan), named it Waterworld, and opened it up to public visitors. Think I allowed claiming too can’t remember. But if I didn’t I’ll try to get back on soon and allow it.

1 Like

Ah, i was just basing it off what I saw in the sky and from this quote from James.

Yea i was confused by it being lush. Unless i read it wrong and was looking at another world on my list. Which could have been. I just woke up. But definitely a planet covered in water from what I could tell.

1 Like

Just as info for those who wonder about new color chances for sovereign worlds.

I got a T3 (Rugged) Coal Worlds, called Rorda.

List of new colors (checked versus current live public worlds known colors of blocks, as seen in Block colors by world ):

silty soil silk teal

twisted wood vivid turquoise
lustrous wood dark cerulean

lush foliage warm viridian
exotic foliage warm viridian

ash silk teal

sponge cool taupe

ice crisp tan
glacier stark mustard

thorns shadow green

mould strong slate

growth light viridian

gleam warm yellow

1 Like

It would need to be compaired against all of the colors on testing worlds I think, not live. I could be wrong though.

Edit: and all of the previous private testing planets as well, since any colors that were new for them would be available to those after.

2 Likes

was thinking the same, but I don’t have a list of testing worlds colors