Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

If we are only paying the hosting fees why would they make any money? Hopefully they will make some bout i doubt it’ll be much. So more customization higher upfront fee sounds good to me. As long as after that the monthly fee is the same as every other type

Where is it confirmed that we would only pay hosting fees? You don’t think the devs are going to try to make any profit on rentals? What would be the point for them aside from the possibility of them bringing more players who will buy the game? I’d assume they’d want them for a more consistent revenue stream

More planets equal more cubits potentially being bought. And it was never confirmed. Just what @Xaldafax mentioned about it not likely to be much they’d make off of them because of the hosting fees and storage. And as he has conversations with them he’s more privy to stuff than we are.

1 Like

Colors in public are not that much better. It is still less than 35 colors for every type of rock. So if players are expecting 100 color choices they are not going to get it.

Indeed. It would certainly be good if there was a decent overview of what colours would be available for each block type before paying for a sovereign planet, so you could make an informed decision… and I don’t just mean it should be another thing ‘the community’ has to do and maintain if they want it.

There is a google sheet that outlines all the colors on the existing 50 planets. With that you can see what your choices will be. That is how I determined the limited number of rock color options. This of course does not add new colors, if they even spawn.

some shot for the sovereign world i made from the color was available.

11 Likes

Sovereign world seems to be smaller planet at 1 blincsec in sky from the world its conencted to.

3 Likes

I’m so jealous, that world looks amazing!!

1 Like

That is beautiful!! :heart_eyes: Very grateful to all you testing for sharing your shots and video, love to see these! :smiley:

I discovered and visited these two so far. :smile:
It feels like visiting multiple EXO’s at the same day.
Try to imagine the night sky filled with these planets
Pick one and then go for it :boundless:

9 Likes

Let me know when I can rent my desired planet🤞

15 Likes

I made some screenshots for my sovereign world on testing. I got a pink planet at first but i am not a barbie type girl so i changed the colors a bit.

20 Likes

That looks amazing. Is there a way to save templates?

1 Like

Of course, there is …
… make a list of them in a spreadsheet :+1:
You may need it later again

2 Likes

This would be actually nice. To have Public planet color profiles/templates so it would be easier alter existing one that looks almost perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also that people can upload to the forums for people to reference and possible download to insert into rental builder

When selecting the colors for each item does a tooltip come up to show the “name and color code” of the number? Sorry I hadn’t had any second to go look at it myself…

Just to clarify (which I maybe should have done in my comment) = Overall my comment was meant to more remind people that we don’t have true visibility to costs and shouldn’t be assuming it is a profit machine or be a loss. During my last conversation costs came up but no final decision was made. We had a chat about possible prices and how that could relate to AWS / infrastructure costs. I did not see numbers but at a possible $5 a month (let’s say) it would be likely not a profit machine. The impression I received was that the goal was more to provide the solution over trying to get rich off the players. Instead just make it sustainable with maybe a very minor income so that people were more likely to use the services versus feeling the servers were priced too high. But again I only spent a few min on this because there were more important things I wanted to discuss and certainly received no final set in stone answer.

2 Likes

It shows name.

5 Likes