Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

I’ve set up a portal to my planet at Dand in the area we met before @DKPuncherello @Jaidic in case anybody wants to visit.

2 Likes

You can put it inside with all the rest of the portals if you would like

What time do yall normally stream/chat? It’s a bit too early for me right now.

Finally finished reading the whole thread. It mostly sounds pretty great, like it’s been well thought through.

… but I still won’t be renting one until such time as the colours I want are available. I don’t see the point in paying for something that’s not how I want it.

I’m also curious as to how the devs envisage us using sovereign planets. Between the lack of real customisation and the inability to have a home there, it almost feels like there’s an expectation that we’ll use them as throwaway explorables, churning through them by paying for the minimum amount of time and only persisting the nicest looking ones as trophies or mines.

1 Like

Just readed now about the hub. I didn’t even notice that it was next to me xDDD. Tomorrow I’ll put it inside give me permision so I can build it inside, or I can give you the token whatever you prefer

Gamers usually use the rental/subscription servers as clan/club/event/group places or private build areas. That’s how I’m looking at it for Boundless. Virtually every decent sized game out there offers private servers/worlds/clubs. :blush:

1 Like

I added your world to the hub

1 Like

Oh, for sure groups are going to get them…

My puzzlement was more based on the idea that any of those groups could have specific colour in mind, or maybe want specific biomes or prefabs (like those massive trees). The lack of control we have over them means we can’t just have what we actually want, and that we’ll have to grind by paying real money against RNG in the hopes of popping the new colours we want or a landscape we find interesting?

It’s cynical of me, certainly, but that doesn’t mean it’s not part of an intentional marketing plan.

1 Like

Thanks Fante.

We play all different times. CST were usually on 8pm-6am ish, and those of us who wake up may play mornings or afternoons before work. but most of us are night owls. Unless we have the day off then 24/7

2 Likes

Pi 3 Orios VI

Now accessible!
The portal is located on Kraterradell at coordinates: 1,515N -460E Altitude 69

6 Likes

You should add it to the tardis hub on dand :blush:

1 Like

Good idea! :smiley:

This one

2 Likes

Does “no block drops” mean nothing will drop from plants and rocks, etc? Like yams, leaves, opals…
Currently there are creatures & meteorites (maybe this is only on testing?)

Until after you confirm the colors. Once you confirm they drop blocks and meteors

1 Like

Ugliest planet in the multiverse, but I can change absolutely nothing. Had to access via Sanctuary, and every time I go through the portal the character stutters and keeps running until I inventory it.
Restarts have changed nothing, so I’ll try another time.

Thats only while you are setting up your planet or thats what I understrood

I already finalized the colors and have built stuff. (Nevermind…I got that backwards lol)

1 Like

Ok question can you name your planet? Like I can call mine Houches II LOL

2 Likes