Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

That’s kind of disappointing :pensive:

4 Likes

i understand :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1: good news for those of us in the “enjoy the rarity of colors” camp.

9 Likes

Before people get too sad (or too happy) let’s see how this plays out once we get to live. Whales, this is your time to shine. I’ve seen how much people spend on gacha games. Hopefully we got some of the same types of people here. Color scarcity is :wastebasket:

6 Likes

I just tested my faux rental and I can access it via sanctum & warp with no issues. I changed the colors with no problem.

I blacklisted a player and I was able to take all of their shop stands and items though. I made a video…might post later. Posted. Video showed the player removed the plot 1st.

1 Like

There is always people thar complains and get disappointed on updates.

And there is also people who are happy with them not much we can do about it.

5 Likes

Bless you :raised_hands::pray: you are my new oortgod

4 Likes

One other thing I noticed: blacklisting someone from your planet seems to be 100% permanent. Change of heart/2nd chance not allowed. Even if they’re on your friends’ list. In a way this makes sense, would just like to verify it’s as intended?

1 Like

But then, what happens when enough rental planets finally go through the color spectrum? By that reasoning, how can you ever allow new colors to keep eroding away at these parts of the game?

5 Likes

Based on the data by @Gorillastomp refined here, even after 195ish Exos there are still many color variations that have yet to be seen. So if the rentals follow a similar path, I would think it would take thousands of rentals or maybe more before every color variation is available. While eventually, in theory, it is possible, I think the way it is now means years will go by before that happens.

It was a rhetorical question, really… My point was that either they have to permanently disallow some colors in order to preserve the sanctity of exos and goo, or they have to allow those things to lose their color-exclusive value over any timeline.

The logic doesn’t work. Or they’re being false about this future plan for colors.

3 Likes

you dont blacklist from your planet, you are just generally blacklisting them, it is the same blacklist that you operate on when blacklisting someone in the chat window, or by interacting with them and blacklisting them, its shared for all characters of your user too.

to remove someone from the blacklist, you either need to:

• find them in world and interact to remove from the blacklist
  • go to a World Controller on a world you own and change the filter on the Citizens tab to “Show Blacklist” and you can remove them from there.

We’ve never added an explicit “here is your blacklist” before until the World Controller as I felt it was important to be able to figure out “why” someone cant join your world even if you make it public if you didnt realise you had blacklisted them, atleast you can view your blacklist on the world controller.

10 Likes

Ok, thank you for the info.

I tried to friend them afterwards and wasn’t able to, they couldn’t friend me either. That’s why I thought it was permanent. I didn’t see the blacklist filter, I need to look again.

What’s the reasoning for when this inevitably happens? Or is there/will be arbitrary limits to prevent this from ever happening?

1. Goo Farming is pointless for me, the blocks I want in non-existent colors cannot be sprayed using color sprays.
  2. Gleambow I can’t do. I lack the necessary hand-eye coordination to be competitive in such a race, so I haven’t participated in any of them except the first one which I attempted a few hunts only to be left with nothing and bummed out.
  3. Exos have that “Let’s try and make sure every planet is decent looking” mechanic which results in many, many reused colors. Waiting for over a year for some of the colors I need, still haven’t shown up.
2 Likes

It sounded to me like there will be arbitrary limits. I think the palettes for world profiles have already been made and worlds will spawn with an assortment of colors from the palette for the profile we choose.

But I dont think every color is used in the profiles since they want to hold back for gleambow and exos.

So the “inevitability” of all colors some day being open for sovereign worlds is just something the players made up i think.

1 Like

If I’m understanding this correctly…So if colors from the live universe are only available for possibilities on private planets, does that mean since we have black rock/gravel then it would be possibly to get black gleam on a private planet?

The colors for a specific block/surface resource can be chosen from previously available colors - but only within the specific range of that block/resource. So, black meta rock but no black gleam.

Unless I’ve totally read it wrong.

1 Like

Since black exists in the current live universe as gravel and rock I believe, would that give a rental planet the possibility of getting black gleam?

So what you’re saying is Black gleam is tied to Gleambow racing

It seems like they alluded to this but they definitely haven’t made a definitive statement on whether some colors will never come up or just take forever to come up - and Luca’s argument seems to pour more cold water on the possibility.

Can’t say I’m too excited about that.

2 Likes