Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

Indeed. It would certainly be good if there was a decent overview of what colours would be available for each block type before paying for a sovereign planet, so you could make an informed decision… and I don’t just mean it should be another thing ‘the community’ has to do and maintain if they want it.

There is a google sheet that outlines all the colors on the existing 50 planets. With that you can see what your choices will be. That is how I determined the limited number of rock color options. This of course does not add new colors, if they even spawn.

some shot for the sovereign world i made from the color was available.

11 Likes

Sovereign world seems to be smaller planet at 1 blincsec in sky from the world its conencted to.

3 Likes

I’m so jealous, that world looks amazing!!

1 Like

That is beautiful!! :heart_eyes: Very grateful to all you testing for sharing your shots and video, love to see these! :smiley:

I discovered and visited these two so far. :smile:
It feels like visiting multiple EXO’s at the same day.
Try to imagine the night sky filled with these planets
Pick one and then go for it :boundless:

9 Likes

Let me know when I can rent my desired planet🤞

15 Likes

I made some screenshots for my sovereign world on testing. I got a pink planet at first but i am not a barbie type girl so i changed the colors a bit.

20 Likes

That looks amazing. Is there a way to save templates?

1 Like

Of course, there is …
… make a list of them in a spreadsheet :+1:
You may need it later again

2 Likes

This would be actually nice. To have Public planet color profiles/templates so it would be easier alter existing one that looks almost perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also that people can upload to the forums for people to reference and possible download to insert into rental builder

When selecting the colors for each item does a tooltip come up to show the “name and color code” of the number? Sorry I hadn’t had any second to go look at it myself…

Just to clarify (which I maybe should have done in my comment) = Overall my comment was meant to more remind people that we don’t have true visibility to costs and shouldn’t be assuming it is a profit machine or be a loss. During my last conversation costs came up but no final decision was made. We had a chat about possible prices and how that could relate to AWS / infrastructure costs. I did not see numbers but at a possible $5 a month (let’s say) it would be likely not a profit machine. The impression I received was that the goal was more to provide the solution over trying to get rich off the players. Instead just make it sustainable with maybe a very minor income so that people were more likely to use the services versus feeling the servers were priced too high. But again I only spent a few min on this because there were more important things I wanted to discuss and certainly received no final set in stone answer.

2 Likes

It shows name.

5 Likes

Does this mean it is only available by blacklisting or should there be some way to remove individual beacons?

1 Like

Me too, by the looks of it. A shame if so. One of the primary things I hoped rented planets would offer was a way to get outside the established public universe palettes and rules.

3 Likes

I don’t see color options from the existing pool limiting that much.
Yes, there are specific colors I love and they are not there yet, but if I think about a general look for my sovereign world (foliage, trunk, grass colors) to make sure the landscape have palette I like, I don’t need specific shades. If I want blue/orange world for example, I will find colors in that range. If I want brown/green I will also have enough mustard, mint etc. to chose from to give the planet that look.

7 Likes

Yeah for my new home I don’t need new and never before seen colours, just a pleasing one is fine

For the planet after that, well that is different, I take any wacky palette there is with loads of new colours of possible :slight_smile: