Testing 246: Creative Worlds!

You did the poll non anonymous though which makes the results very suspect IMO. Still, I’m glad to have you on Team Poll ™️

Also I saw some mentions of confusion between portals potentially.

I feel strongly that portals to sovereign and creative worlds should be some easily identified colors that are different from perm portal colors.

I don’t understand why someone would answer differently when it’s anonymous…

For sensitive things I understand it, but sjeesh, which planet type you’re likely to rent?
People will know eventually anyway once you do rent it :wink:

5 Likes

It’s ok padawan
I will teach you the way of the poll

:heart::metal:t3:

Will I be poll spamming like a pro soon too?? :joy:

1 Like

There can only be one.

2 Likes

If by the death of the game, you mean more players in creative or that being the part of the game where player growth happens then why is that a problem? If the gaming community buys the game and rents planets in order to play creative versus survival, those players are still contributing financially

2 Likes

If half the player base moved to creative and never left again, and the game failed to grow its player base, it would be bad just because of dilution.

Ultimately if you do not allow a player that wants a pure creative experience a way to access their world without having to grind in the survival mode then I think you hurt the creative experience and the number of players that might join the game. If you do not allow the creative planets to be linked in a safe way that does not require atmosphere skills and weapons they may not have, since they have to travel between creative planets via the survival networks, then you hurt the creative player experience again.

I understand not wanting to damage the survival player experience, but there still has to be a balance. There may need to be changes that are a compromise for both sides.

5 Likes

If half the player base moved to creative and the existing player base did not grow then the game is unlikely to continue anyway. So the split is not the cause, the low overall player count is.

Edit. I think we have to hope that the players that left due to grind will come back and will be willing to shell out additional money to play the game In a creative mode. Also if those players have an outlet maybe the complaints about grind will be fewer. I do want to make one point. The players that want to play creative are essentially having to engage in a subscription model to play the game. Sure I can let other players build on my planet, but someone is paying additional money so the game can be played in creative mode This is not a requirement to play in survival. Once you buy the game, you do not have to spend any more money, ever. So I do think there needs to be some consideration for those players that are forking out additional money on a monthly basis to play a creative mmo when looking at a solution,

3 Likes

I def agree with ya here

The dilution potential concerns me a bit too, as much as I’m looking forward to these… once this release is out and they’re sure everything is stable, really hope to see an ad push, PS4 sale and such then.

2 Likes

To be honest, I’m not expecting player dilution between survival and creative to be an issue at all.

I’m fully expecting players that have stopped playing to come back with an influx of both Sovereign and Creative worlds.

6 Likes

I think we can all agree that WS doesn’t care much about its PS4 user base, sadly :sob::sob::sob:

I like your style

Regarding dilution; i think its good they have it set up the way they do.

I was thinking creative and survival servers would be completly split up, and to join a creative world would be its own different server (think like how joining a server in minecraft)

The fact its all in 1 universe and easy to access to eachover keeps the game together

9 Likes

Agreed. This has definitely exceeded anything I though they’d do with it. Very pleasantly suprised.

5 Likes

I think creative worlds should not linked do the live universe

1 Like

Would you want separate characters for it?

1 Like

Yes would be a good idea, and this Charakter can only Use on the creative world

Maybe players would standardize portal size for survival-creative worlds that those would be working :smiley:

I had my doubts about such things when one would have said such things a few months back until I read that article from Edge a few weeks ago! It was an article from early 2019 and by the looks of it, it’s Sony who made Boundless possible, sorta. WS was still doing the in-webbrowser thing with their own engine, Sony was very interested in the game and wanted WS to focus more on Boundless and they wanted it on PS4.

To me that means Sony is a big enough reason that the game even exists in it’s current state so to say that WS doesn’t care about the PS4 user base seems quite false to me.

Why do you think that anyway?

3 Likes