Testing 246: Creative Worlds!

Maybe a sanctum update that has a portal to creative world would do the trick :man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

This has been added I think.

2 Likes

Add one “public” creative world as a hub for all of the other creative worlds to link to. Let anyone warp to it from anywhere in the normal universe for free, add it by default underneath of your home on the warp list. Make it a superflat world with nothing to destroy.

From there, let players claim one and only one plot to create a portal to their creative worlds. Then you can allow creative to have infinite portals inside of and between other creative worlds. It would make it feel really detached from the rest of the game though. The only way to exit would be to warp home.

1 Like

I know that they’ve addressed the issue of setting a sovereign as your home. Perhaps in the spirit of creative it would be reasonable that it’s always free to teleport to the creative world if you’re the renter.

Completely independent of your home in the survival 'verse, I mean.

1 Like

If there was a designated area for “your creative planet portal” in the sanctum, then that would remove the ability to have creative/survival portal networks + inform people (advertise) that they can rent their own creative planet. And if you want to get to someone else’s creative world from a survival planet, just warp there? It would give life back to warp augments and warp blocks beyond exo planets?

Which means to get your creative planet you just gotta wait 10 seconds. If the concern against this is that it will break the immersion of creative being ‘apart of the universe’, I’d argue that the immersion is already broken when you can fly and your inventory gets changed upon entering a creative planet.

So waiting 10 seconds warping to the sanctum could fix the potential portal network issue?

2 Likes

Now that I think of it It would be cool if it was a galaxy that we could visit only vía warps like exo worlds.

2 Likes

1h

I second that. I have always thought that there was enough room for upto 4 portals in the sanctum. 1 for home, 1 for where you was, one for your creative world and one for warps to anywhere else

That won’t scale very well. Unless they’re going to show every creative planet in the sky over the planet they’re orbitting (which could get really busy), then they will have to limit the number of planets that show up. And if they do that, there will be times where you literally can’t get to the planet you want to.

They already limited them to 5 at a time and they rotate out to show a different 5. Dunno what the intervals are at for switching tho

1 Like

More planets in the the sky the better imo, just make them visually clear that they’re creative. Like exos having that fuzz around then

However many there is, there should still definitely be a limit though. Good luck enjoying a beautiful sunset over a lake when you’ve got 30+ planets hanging in the sky and being reflected back up at your from the surface of the water, their colours all clashing horribly.

Maybe we wont reach that any time soon (given the size of the player base), but scalability is something you have to plan for before it becomes a problem.

1 Like

Again there is a limit already in place to how many will be displayed at a given time. It used to be 9 or 10 but has been scaled down to 5. So there could be 100 around one planet and you’ll still only see 5

And I’m not contesting that.

I’m saying that irrespective of whether there is or isn’t a limit currently, and irrespective of what that limit is, ANY forward thinking implementation needs to have a limit to prevent sky clutter. As such, I can only conclude that “Just warp to it” as the method to access other’s creative worlds cannot work as a solution, because you cannot be sure you can find the planet you’re looking for in the sky at all times.

The work around for that would become friends with the owner and it wouldn’t matter if you can see it or not. You’d be able to warp to them while they are on it. Or meet up with the owner on a survival and they can open the warp to it. Also I only said it again because your comment involved 30+ planets in the sky.

The way I understand this, you will also only be able to see worlds you have permissions to visit.

Right and trying to come up with a ‘realistic’ example I see creative worlds literally hiding people’s survival worlds in this seamlessly integrated scenario.

I’m based on Raxxa. It’s a USE T1 so let’s just say for a (somewhat realistic?) example it ends up being orbited by 14 sovereign worlds and 8 creative worlds.

Now let’s say that 11 of those sovereign worlds are public, and the owners want traffic. But I know the people based on my world and I get explicit permissions to 3 creative worlds.

Will those 3 creative worlds always occupy my sky, causing me to see only 2 survival worlds at a time?

If I also have claim/build (or any non-default) permissions on 7 of the public sovereigns, what will happen then? Will the creative worlds get equal “sky time” in my personal rotation? Will I be limited to viewing worlds with explicit permissions, rendering the other 3 public sovereigns effectively invisible?

So many questions!

1 Like

New spin on my “only accessible via warps” idea

We rename the creative worlds the “Dream Realm”

To get there, you take a nap and your character appears where you last left off in your dream realm adventure (or a sanctum in the clouds if it’s your first time). Perhaps dream sanctum can highlight 10 builds per month or something like that. You can take a nap via the menu or by interacting with a placeable bed object.

You can warp anywhere you want in the dream realms for free. You can also fly and swim in lava, you don’t experience hunger, and pies are free.

Obviously any items you may have in your inventory don’t return with you when you awaken. (Though I like the idea of tokens you can get for completing mazes and puzzles that can return to the waking realm)

Dream portals can only go between dream worlds and are made with dream portal conduits. They don’t require fuel. Maybe make the portals white colored, like clouds

When you awaken your character is back where you started. Kind of like Zelda: Link’s Awakening IIRC?

9 Likes

Hey there.

Saw the latest video from @Jiivita on Creative Sovereign Worlds, and I gotta say, I’m now considering taking one, simply for the infinite plots and even 1 free portal to a survival world to get visitors (although 2 would be better, I’d love to connect a sovereign world to my base on Raxxa AND to an actual hub like the Portal Seekers or TNT), but if I had to chose, I would likely go with the PS/TNT hub portal).

A FEW QUESTIONS however :

I haven’t read the entire thread because lol 470+ messages, and there are still a few things that would worry me greatly to the point of making me pass of the feature entirely :

• Last time I checked, I couldn’t set the sovereign world as my home. Couldn’t that be solved by reseting the ‘home’ to nothing if your sovereign world gets offline?
• Apparently, I wouldn’t be able to decide around which world my sovereign world is in orbit… that seems like a no-brainer : most people would likely want it around the survival world where they might already have a house or base… but then if too many sovereign worlds are orbitting the same world… uuuuuh… :man_shrugging:
• Can’t move my base on the sovereign world easily, would have to start over… we need blueprints in one form or another.
• Can you customize the weather? On Raxxa, it rains ALL - THE - FREAKING - TIME. I wanna be able to say “this sovereign world has X% chance for weather effect Y to occur”, because I don’t want that to bother me. Even better would be to be able to say “Snow has 0% chance of occuring, even during Oortmas because fudge that!”
• Can you change the color of water? I would imagine that it’s tied to the color of ice blocks.
• You can give a permission to a character, it seems, but can you give permissions (or remove all access) to an account? 'cause there are one or two people (or rather ‘trolls’) I would never even want to see on my sovereign world, and if they can just log on a character I don’t know and visit all the same, that would somewhat be an issue.

And last but far from the least, main issue event :
• Can I customize the landscape? I have very specific desires that would have to be met, I don’t want to pay a monthly sub for such a level of randomness! What if I actually don’t like the generated landscape? I imagine I can’t reset the world-gen to get something better. Even simple things like the kind of gleam formations or its density. Like, I love the big spears “Fortress of Solitude” style chunks of gleam sticking out of the ground, but I imagine you could also get a world with chunks of 1 lonely gleam block each… like a peasant’s world.

If I take a Creative Sovereign World, I would invite roughly 5 or 6 people to play with us. One or two of them only wanna build treehouses in tall trees (such as the big trees from Trior or Arie), so my sovereign world would have to have that, among other things.

Then there’s the question of the cost and if there’s some synergy with the Gleam Club membership.

1 Like

This sounds fun. Perhaps it could also get us a “lay down” emote and some beds :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That has been solved already.

But please be aware about the terms used, a sovereign world is NOT a creative world and vice versa! So it is possible to set your home to a sovereign world beacon, no idea if it’s possible to do so on a creative…

You can block people from accessing your world

For all the other things you asked: currently not possible, perhaps in the future.

Which is it that you want? A Creative or a Sovereign World?

1 Like

This has been addressed for sovereign worlds. Creative worlds are a different beast.

Sovereign worlds function as an extension of the public universe, apparently now to be called “The survival universe”.

While the level of integration is still under heavy debate (at least at the player side), creative worlds are functionally separate with your character having a different inventory, skill sheet, and capabilities on transitioning form the ‘survival universe’ to the ‘creative universe’

As far as I know the world your rented planet will orbit (sovereign or creative) is still random.

Currently the water color is tied to the world type, not the ice blocks. As for changing that color, or selecting biomes or atmosphere effects on a sovereign world, this is currently not in the works. At least according to the publicly available info.

I haven’t seen anything to indicate that creative worlds are different. If I’m missing that perhaps someone else could chime in.

Still no mention of blueprints.

Also, I might have missed something but I believe all permissioning is still at either the character level or at a global level.

We’re also all eagerly waiting for some hints as to the pricing structure.

I see Aenea has clarified a couple items already but in regards to your specific questions, that’s what I understand.

EDIT I’ve also seen some talk about guild-based permissions but didn’t follow it closely.