Testing 246 - potential for possible griefing high on creative (and sovereign) worlds

I agree. Was thinking the same for my future sovereign world. Just visit perm without modifying, to avoid trolls. It’s not only destroying blocks but placing them that I would want to avoid. So I don’t have to go around ad regen bomb in areas I want to preserve but have no plots for yet.

1 Like

First I agree with the suggestion. I have always been concerned about players destroying the landscape near my build just because they have rights to visit. On a survival - sovereign planet, I should not have to spend time or coin getting regen bombs or avoid going to my build to allow natural regen to take place.

My only concern is mobs. If a player cannot impact the environment can they defend themselves from mobs? Now on a creative - sovereign that can be handled by using the invulnerability setting. I am not sure how you handle it on a survival - sovereign unless you can turn off mob agro or I am wrong and impacting the environment and mobs are two different things.

1 Like

Well at the very least need to be able to destroy meteorite blocks still…

No editing also means no gathering resources of any kind too…

I feel like this should be covered (whether adequate is a different discussion) by blocking a griefer

1 Like

Fair enough. If I find that the area around my build has been bombed out, and I did not see who did it, is there anyway given the location that the developers can tell who did it?

If it becomes an issue, perhaps a bomb toggle might be enough? Other ways to grief of course, but the bombs seem to be by far the easiest so potentially the biggest problem. So sort of like how we now have regen bombs disabled near meteors, could have something like that on creative worlds, but a toggle so you can use them when you want?

1 Like

If you have infinite of everything, can’t you just toss 2-3 Regen bombs and be on your way?

To me this bombing would be bigger issue in creative than in sovereign. Because of unlimited power bombs that can be augmented and forged + flying ability.

One player could control fleet of characters with single input without any material loss :confused:

1 Like

So if I want to allow players to visit , I can waste time cleaning up after them? And I have to forge the regen bombs at least the first time since they are not a standard item. So I get to set up an area to forge and spend the time forging instead of playing in creative.

1 Like

I think this permission is meant to apply only on creative world, where items are unlimited and people can fly (free to bomb everything from above with unlimited bomb)

Nothing gained from gathering and hunting on creative world.

On Sovereign, on the other hand, people would not be destroy things freely as their tools/bombs are limited.

Interesting suggestion. And as you pointed out they already do this near meteors.

I guess, first I do acknowledge that there is not a 100% chance this will happen. I do think if it does, we will get players restricting access to their planets pretty quickly and that would be a shame. I think even the players that do not want to or cannot afford to rent a Creative - Sovereign planet need to at least visit one and be able to fly. It is a great way to explore a world. It also means fewer players will be able to visit and explore the builds I expect to see over the coming year. That would also be a shame.

1 Like

I do agree tighter controls might be possible but I wouldn’t be worried about this issue. Block the person and wait for 4 hours will the world regens. Issue gone.

Blocking is not enough for real griefers: it will require developers to use their time to moderate situations if planet is open for all players. Block list is character based and one account can have ten characters and in theory players can always delete and create new one to get back there: creative will grant free skills etc. So planets would need to go lock down :confused:

1 Like

If you know a general timeframe that something happens on your world, you can check the citizens list in your World Control - it shows who has been on your world and when they last visited.

2 Likes

I knew it was @Kal-El! He can’t be trusted.

Until they add a gui or something for forging, it still takes a decent amount of time to bomb out an area. Luckily they won’t have the ability to plot on many of these worlds to get bombs forged. But I can definitely get behind a view-only mode for visitors in a creative world.

2 Likes

Does World regen bombs work on Sovereign and creative?

Base blink bombs with range augment could do some solid damage.

Even if a “regen world” bomb could be made, I presume it would crash the server. But maybe a /regen command could do it slowly rather than instantly, kind of like regenning plots?

Yes I saw one used on a creative world yesterday.

Currently on test your “creative inventory” stays with your character from world to world. So I could take the grapples I made on Soju’s world into other random creative worlds with me, rather than having to re-create them each time.

2 Likes

Interesting, well that makes it easier.

1 Like

Make the block account based. Seems smarter anyway if you are denying people you’d want to deny all of their characters.

1 Like

If it blocked their account, possibly. But as of now it just blocks that character which is not really gonna do anything but slow down a griefer… and that is “if” you can figure out exactly which character was doing it.

Either way it can be avoided, can just set the world to private and add people you trust one by one. Or make people request access by joining a guild… Was just trying to come up with a way that it could be avoided while still leaving a way to let planet renters let people visit without going through a bunch of effort blocking / allowing / fixing what griefers do.

I understand if the code is too complicated to add, was just trying to head off future problems before they had a chance to turn into fights.

1 Like