Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

Im not trying to troll anyone.

Im allowed to share my own view on things.

3 Likes

Well, from what I read on the forums, the last time there was a wipe it was related to something with the old planets no longer being able to be used and the devs had no other option.

This is a game where the selling point is you shape the universe around you, if it does wipes it pretty much goes against it.

How will a wipe make the gameplay smoother? I only see chaos with half the community that doesn’t use the forums asking why their build/base/whatever was gone overnight and saying they’ll quit, the other half dying of boredom from walking everywhere as all the existing infrastructure like portal hubs we are so used to are now gone.

And people do that for a good reason. Unless the game itself works around regular wipes, generally a wipe is the last resort for any game dev. Completely nullifying everything people worked for up to that point is a serious hit to the playerbase.

5 Likes

Yes somtimes the devs
Listened , but on the wrong players, the only thing i see players going frustrated and quit.
Whats 1 damagekai for the whole community? Really, i 1 of the Player the work whit the comuntiy, was hosting hunts and was on daily hunt, and i was hear all day what the players want . And no 1 time i hear : we want a Local Modus or a wipe.
Things the i hear Was: more hunt stuff ( comming now) more animals, more blocks, more deco stuff, more aktive players etc etc.

11 Likes

Can you make own topic where to talk about wipe? It was said it would not happen after launch.

8 Likes

Let’s go back to XP regardless of what you do in game

You should get XP for each plot you touch once per day (plot not beacon) to encourage people to explore and visit their friends.

4 Likes

I add here now a copy of my google sheet from yesterday, because its to much info now that i would not add here so much more big tables

but here a small overview, the interesting part are the last 2 rows…
and no, thats a joke…we need now even more xp…

Level Cubits XP for Level XP Total XP pro Cubit Factor
50 300 200.000 3.304.900 666,7 1,0
100 550 832.000 27.620.900 1512,7 2,3
150 800 1.897.000 94.575.900 2371,3 3,6
180 950 2.744.000 164.226.900 2888,4 4,3
190 1000 2.744.000 191.666.900 2744,0 4,1 T149.1 from 29.12.2020
190 1000 3.061.000 193.395.900 3061,0 4,6 T149.1 from 30.12.2020

if they add this system I am sure that a lot player will stop playing…

4 Likes

Wait what? That can’t be right. Is it?

1 Like

what from all ?

and yes i want cry…

This is bad

If I am reading this right, apparently it will now take 4.6 times as much XP to earn a cubit.

I hope :crossed_fingers: this is a typo by a dev like the Great Chrysominter Chrysis of 2019.

@lucadeltodecso @Leahlemoncakes

4 Likes

yeah thats why i make the short overview to see the direct comparison between now, yesterday evening and now

seems not, because they increase the total xp from yesterday, from 4,1 to 4,6…

thats why i write this is no joke :weary:

1 Like

Oh well

It was nice knowing you guys, see you all in Hytale :wave: (jk maybe not jk?)

1 Like

if I quit boundless i am out of this game genre for a long time

if they add the level system like it is in the testing now i will make some month break and if nothing changed than i will quit… and i know some big player which will make exact the same

you can nothing do more than build big, i need enough time to collect plots at the moment but waste ~5 times more time for it… not with me…

3 Likes

does seem like a sledgehammer to a walnut scenario at the mo but will wait for further clarification and dev posts on the matter.
will just say that maybe a reason why some peeps have power-levelled for so many plots was to overcome the compact beacon system (where we used to have long paths from a main build now just have giant squares of plots).
can understand devs wanting to make this game financially viable in the long run (buy cubits for plots)…maybe sovereigns not as successful as hoped :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Never understood those asking for a wipe when the devs clearly said no wipe after release. Why force your wipe on everyone’s effort? Want a wipe? Go ahead and throw all you own in lava and create a new character.

9 Likes

My current main character I created in early January, I’m level 109. For a casual player like myself, this will make it too hard to reach the next level.
I love playing boundless, but it’s something that could make me just give up…

2 Likes

I feel like the best way to go out big would be to spend millions on oort then mint it for a youtube

9 Likes

Yes corect, when a player will beginn from new, delete char and create a new one.

3 Likes

Would be a sad way though xD

They didn’t change the leveling up to level 50, right? That means you can calculate your new level like so

total_XP = ( old_level - 50 ) * 200000 + 3304900

For example, for level 600 this would be

total_XP = ( 600 - 50 )  * 200000 + 3304900 = 113304900

Now look that up in your table. 113 million XP is new level 159.

Now calculate the cubit loss

old_cubits = ( old_level - 50 ) * 300 + 9000

Again, for level 600 that would be

old_cubits = ( 600 - 50 ) * 300 + 9000 = 174000

You would have 174000 cubits or 5800 plots.

For the new system I sum up all the cubits from level 1 to 159, which is 71675 cubits or 2389 plots. A loss of 3411 plots or 59%.

2 Likes

Looking at level 130, which what level I estimate I’m at (I always forget to check), I would get put at level 89 in the new system, with a drop from about 33k cubits to about 23k cubits, which is only a 30% reduction.
It seems like the goal is to set a sort of soft-ceiling to the number of plots you can have. “If you have this many plots, you should probably consolidate or spend money if you want to build more”.

That said, I don’t have enough plots right now, and I need to grind more. As it is, I’m making my wife plot things so I can finish builds.

1 Like