Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

Well no response on discord, no reply here. What is the point of testing and asking questions :frowning:

1 Like

Did you ask me something I got nothing on discord or here

This is what they wrote a couple days ago

I assume that’s what is being referred. Probably got no replies from the dev team.

@ardele might I suggest tagging the devs if you have a question for them. Or sending them a PM.

I quit the boundless discord and erased my question this morning(same context as the forum post)

Well I hardly check the boundless discord did you tag me in something I didn’t get a ping

1 Like

@ardele I think there isn’t guides, but start modifying files and running own sandbox you are able to make changes. Like reduce crafting times or spraying items (which should come available anyway :soon::tm:)

Message reply kind of wrong user but still kind of relevant.

To add https://docs.playboundless.com/modding/server-scripting.html this is maybe best official gateway document to do funky stuff :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank You @almund! So the changes I am making or attempting are not being accepted. So areas I was looking into was the attributes (Agility/Vitality/Dexterity) in actually making the base value 15 or 20 instead of 10. As well as machine crafting speed and free cleanse points per level. Just a few things to help speed up the leveling process and what not…

It’s a faint hope, but I’m hoping that things like this will be easier to figure out once we (eventually) get the standalone server software.

Going off the top of my head here. If it’s still the same as when I last messed around with it, I think any changes you make, you should make sure both the client and the server folders have the files; the server has authority so it does do whatever is changed in there, but if the client doesn’t have the same changes things get a bit weird in terms of UI mismatches and stuff.

4 Likes
  1. Still Waiting.
1 Like

Only 44 for comments to go and we caught up with testing 245 our last major update maybe it’s a a clue that it’s gonna release soon mwahaha

1 Like

This silence is disrespectful to those who pay the Gleam Club every month.

They don’t even reassure users about the game’s uncertain future.

Still waiting for half a year more.

7 Likes

Everyone should just stop paying for something that you are not enjoying.

2 Likes

I hope so! I found some of my issues (values being higher) than what the game would accept. Such as Free skill resets can only go up to character level 50. So I put in Level 1000 and well it didn’t work. Trial and Error it is.

We’ve been reassured several times. At what frequency would you like to be reassured? I’ve seen complaints about needing reassurance within hours of getting reassurance. Do you really think anything short of actually receiving the update will have meaning?

4 Likes

They can be more transparent and not allow users to make their own theories about the future of the game, only that from time to time they make a small summary about the situation of the game in general, and its development.

Seeing that there is no activity by any developer, neither in the forum nor in their social networks, there is currently no one behind the wheel.

If you want to justify and excuse everything to the developers, it is your right, but there are things that are basically not defensible.

2 Likes

What if the only news they can give is “Yes, we are still working on it”, would you want that same text over and over? Would that really help?

I’m really trying to understand here - I don’t comprehend what you people are asking for other than regular repeating of the same status information we already have.

If there is no new information, what would satisfactory transparency look like for you?

5 Likes

I’ll be renewing my GC every year. Even if don’t have communication from the developers. Take my $$$$!!!

9 Likes

Yes, that simple message helps. Being silent doesn’t help.

It does not surprise me that the game is less and less, with this conformity. You will thank them even when they close their doors.

By the way, I do not continue with an absurd debate, because even English is not my language and it bores me to find the right words to be understood.

That’s great, the game can last a little longer with your help! :blush:

3 Likes

How often should they remind you?

You are not the first person to put those words in my mouth, and I am tired of it. You have no right to say this. You clearly do not know me or understand my stance on this, do not speak for me.

Thanks, I’m tired of having to explain how ridiculous these demands for constant reassurance are, especially when nobody can tell me what they think would actually help, or how often to hear it.

3 Likes