Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

World 1 of the default 3 for local universe.
Somebody tell me this is gonna be on PS4! I dont think my toaster can handle it :pleading_face:

Pretty sure they said PC only for creating, but PS4 will be able to join universes created and operated on PCs

1 Like

So, my toaster would have to host? Do we know if I just create the verse on the pc and log out I can play that 'verse on console?

Pretty sure the PC has to be running and hosting it for others to log in to… it is not on a rented game server, so the PC is the server.

1 Like

Makes sense

It was not in the updated patch notes but @DreamEvil noticed this in the files so finally was able to do some testing today…

It appears to be the changes to support this:

TODO : Updates to Portals to allow longer fuelled portals” from the original Testing Update Post

Portals on testing now allow you insert compact oortstone as fuel retaining a 1 to 1 ratio with the equivalent amount of oort shards… i.e. you do not gain or lose any fuel by using compact oortstone in the portal based on mass craft amounts of rough oort to oort shards or rough oort to compact oort.

What it does allow is a very large amount of oort based fuel to be placed in the portal at once (which has been a request for a while now), by using compact oortstone instead of shards.

A 1x2 portal with 900 compact oortstone now lasts an insane 535 weeks.
1by2Portal

And for comparison, here is a 2x2
2by2Portal

and a 2x3
2by3Portal

and a 2x4
2by4Portal

and a huge portal (not sure how many conduits this was, but I am pretty sure I hit max size for the blinksec limit)
HugePortal

Along with this addition, it appears that the amalgams got a change to make them a bit more worth using. Prior to this change, you effectively “lost” oort shards by converting to oort amalgam since it took 324 oort shards to make 100 amalgam and those had a fuel value in a portal that was the same as 300 normal oort shards.

Now on testing, the 100 amalgams you get from a mass craft are equivalent to 400 oort shards, so you are getting some bonus fuel time for going through the effort of changing them to amalgams (which makes amalgams somewhat more useful)… basically you are getting 76 oort shards of bonus by converting to amalgams now when doing mass crafts.

AmalgamBoost

SameShardsAs100Amalgam

All in all these are exciting changes to portal fueling to me, and I am sure to many others (especially @DKPuncherello)

26 Likes

Welllllp there goes the business for my ice shop lol

Still a cool feature tho

1 Like

Oh heck yeah

Compact oort behaves like we all dreamed it would

@Jaidic

3 Likes

Wicker still isn’t sprayable?

I wish grass was sprayable.

1 Like

both sprayable

7 Likes

Yeah I was surprised about wicker, looks like both of those will be sprayable in the future though :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I was able to spray deco wicker and the grass. Or are we talking about something else?

2 Likes

I sent that response to Dk before you posted the screenshots haha, those are from the test servers right?

1 Like

yes, I am on test server at the moment

1 Like

What else is sprayable now
Boulders? Flowers? Rosettas?

And…it doesn’t release with this update. :wink:

1 Like

One of the things I’ve been thinking about doing this week is extracting my oort storage to shards. I needed fuel anyways so I just did a few stacks.

It looks like:

• Mass compacting 360 rough oort gives 3750 XP
  • Mass extracting 360 rough oort gives 50000 XP

Considering the new leveling rewards that could be a hard choice for some people :rofl:

6 Likes

Shards still great for smaller portals IMO… but the compact oort in large portals will take much of the pain away from the constant refueling needs.

5 Likes

You must be even more excited than I am @Soju-VB

1 Like

That will be actually good if i make my megabase on Houchus. Will have a huuuuuuuge portal.

1 Like