Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

Yea the only other thing I noticed is xp cap goes to 3,061,000 @Saint-X

In that post I was exclusively talking about XP for skill points, not XP for plots. I do not think plot cost should change, but I think skill point cost should change. Each skill point is worth up to 5 times more, and at high levels, each point is more convenience and less need, so it makes sense to take a long time to get.
Plots are a staple, and are necessary to do anything in the game. They should not be restricted too much.

If practical, I would advocate for a separation of cubit and skill point rewards. Maybe keep XP to level the same, but give fewer skill points per level at higher levels? I’m not sure.

2 Likes

thats a mistake i think.

cleanse points are still available

I talked to someone that recommended 300 cubits every 200k xp. I like this idea.

The wise one suggested this :joy:

6 Likes

Crafting wearables, physical art book…:sob:

1 Like

you mean this ? what i write in my first post in the first topic for this testing ?^^

but yeah i dont like the new system with 5 cubits more per level start at lvl 50… that is to less…

13,7x more work but only 3,333x more cubits

2 Likes

Yes haha but someone else said it also apparently :rofl:

i dont read every post after my post ^^ but i read every post before and no one else say this before me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

but here a short overview for the cubit cost now

Level XP for the Level XP Sum Cubits XP pro Cubit Factor
50 200.000 3.304.900 300 666,7 1,0
100 832.000 27.620.900 550 1512,7 2,3
150 1.897.000 94.575.900 800 2371,3 3,6
180 2.744.000 164.226.900 950 2888,4 4,3
190 2.744.000 191.666.900 1000 2744,0 4,1

edit: from level 51-190 you get 91.350 Cubits (81.575 till 180)

3 Likes

Maybe it is just fix :smiley: When I first time read patch notes of launch I understood those so that cleanse points would be awarded to level 50

i never see that i would give no cleanse but now it give for sure

every level 2 skill and 1 cleanse point

but with the new level system you need more afford for more points but you dont need them so much like before

Here is quote from patch notes.

1 Like

I played all night and really like the weapons too. I agree there should be a charged attack, then would add variation in the swing angle for a cooler feel and a jumping thrust attack. You could even make it part of the progression…

No skill = overhand swing
Melee 1 = follow-up backhand swing with a slight low-to-high angle (then back to overhand)
Melee 2 = finishing forehand swing with a wider, outward arc that can hit other mobs in its path, also sweeping low-to-high to round out the combo. This combo would explain the increased speed and damage.

Melee Epic adds a charged attack

New epic skill adds the thrust attack that replaces the first swing either when you’re in the air at all (allowing you to drop on an enemy) or when you attack within a second or so of pressing the jump button. This attack is harder to land accurately so it has 100% crit rate and double crit damage… think Brad Pitt in Troy :sunglasses:

4 Likes

no like i say it in the top post ^^

They weren’t after level 180-190. Only cubits.

Oh dear. I’ve been slowly solo building my city of Endor on Antar VI since PS4 launch in 2018. I’m currently on a break until I get my PS5, but unless the cubit rewards are significantly increased from the currently proposed rates I can’t see myself returning to undertake that level of grind:(

10 Likes

I’m attempting to keep up with posts about this, but is it confirmed that this system will apply to the mmo and not just local?

I don’t think the devs are trying to make it harder to gain cubits. Better to start testing with a bad ratio they can improve upon to even things out than to start with a bunch of extra cubits and making us grumpy when they pull it back.

2 Likes

I believe it’s for live, the progression system.
@DutchOfSorissi

But 1000 cubits for 3 mil xp.

Your a builder dutch, how many blocks would you have to lay to get 3 mil xp? Lol

2 Likes

from 0-201

201 - and more

seems like the cap it now at 380 skill and 194 cleanse point

highest xp for placing a block i know is deco lucent with 44xp per block with no pie etc

1 Like

Is that a new character for the testing or a character from last testing. Because it will affect the numbers. I had to make new character to doing testing correctly.

complete new extra for this test just created

lucent deco blocks needed for level up the 2,744m xp => 62.364