Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

Honestly i read a lot of the notes and think to my self “This is the way”… especially when i see things like planets with multiple tiers…

I have a feeling the private universes are going to be a lot more fun than the public one

6 Likes

While there have been accusations of such, I have yet to see people actually doing this.
The closest I’ve ever come is using an auto clicker to fill 100 crafting tables with 30 jobs each. If I had to do that manually, I’d fall asleep in the process…

1 Like

PS4 players have to do this manually all the time. People have been asking for a “craft all” option for a very long time and we still don’t have it. IMO even auto clickers aren’t fair and shouldn’t be used. But it might just be me, a PlayStation player that has to spend lots of time clicking for mass crafts.
:woman_shrugging:

Hoping this update comes soon! Things seem to be coming together nicely!

7 Likes

Not going to name and shame here, but it does happen.
Seen somebody on the recent color changing exo doing this as well, had 6 characters sitting around one of those birthday present things farming marble. One character just hammering away, one character mindlessly throwing regen bombs, 4 characters just sitting around to suck up the marble.

2 Likes

I have not played consoles in a very very long time, but when I used to play consoles, one could buy a controller that had “Turbo” or “Rapid Fire” buttons on it, I would assume such devices are still in the market for newer consoles, which would effectively be your version of the auto-clicker.

Do correct me if I am wrong about that.

I think auto-clickers are fair, they help prevent Repetitive strain injuries. It is a shame that we have to resort to using them, but that is just how the cookie has crumbed at this time, at least until the devs do decide to add in the buttons the players request. And I have found nothing that states that the devs condemn the use of auto-clickers, macros, or even an auto fire controler.

The only time I believe auto-clickers are not fair, are in eSport games or other highly competitive PvP games, which Boundless is neither.

“No one should have to be injured for a paycheck” - OSHA

2 Likes

There is this

I would classify “macros” under scripting, but rapid button press ones are harder to argue against with this wording.

3 Likes

Maybe, but when I use the word “macro” I am referring to an set of actions that are only triggered when the button is pressed and Can Not Loop.

For example

Therefore it is not possible to “Avoid actually playing the game” as James states, because a Macro in my eyes Requires the player to be at the controls, actively pushing the buttons,

Where as a Script can be programmed into a Full out bot with logic and can support the player being AFK while the Script controls the game 100% for the player.

A Script can go either way however, it can emulate a “macro” or it can be programmed into a “bot”
as you have a lot of flexibility with a scripting language.

But that is just how I personally view what Macro vs Script means., So I do apologize if my understanding of the words are not inline with other peoples.

3 Likes

We’re off topic for sure, but to give you some food for thought on distinguishing between those two…

I have a macro in another game that performs a complicated, precisely timed, maneuver that allows me to jump 10% farther than players who don’t either perfect the jump or have a similar macro.

In Boundless (for accessibility reasons), I have a macro that holds down run and reel in for me. It makes my grapple a hookshot for free, and I don’t have to hold down sprint. The software on my mouse does this as a toggle.

Both of these are unfair ways to bypass the game, in my opinion. In my case, the running one in Boundless saves me from being in pain for days after a 1 hour hunt, but the other one I admit is straight cheating.

Another thing… You can have a single-run macro that has 100 gleamball mine & regens programmed in and just press the button once every 10 minutes - it’s still botting.

1 Like

Macro that runs that many executions might as well be on a loop at that point, which is a logic statement and shouldn’t be allowed

Thou I see it may have been a mistake for me to mention the word Macro, as my original statement is mostly just about supporting Auto-clickers to avoid wrist and hand injury.

but ultimately what it boils down to for me, regardless of my poor choices in words, is as follows,

“Does it allow the player to AFK?” If yes then it should be banned.

3 Likes

This message not brought to you by AFK ARENA!

8 Likes

I don’t know if PS2 controllers are compatible with PS4, but I have a autofire PS2 controller you’re welcome to. :+1:

Hmm for me macro means remapping keys to a specific area on the keybored or accessory and scripting is playing the game for you with or without such timing and precision you cannot achieve consistently otherwise’ usually found in competetive games with or without a loop.

As for an autoclicker. I feel That one feels like it should be used minimally and just to save your wrist/joints.

But yeah anytime for me 2 or more seperate inputs are automized i feel no. An autoclicker is the same button.
Edit: i mean automated’ i doubt we have the power automize buttons in our homes.

@james does this essentially mean that even if you add a T7 biome to a T3 world that at best you’ll maybe get block health and whatnot that would be typical for a T3-T4 biome? For example I’ve added a few high level biomes to a custom world. The profile is T2 (what players call T3 I believe) but even with the inclusion of these higher biomes I’m not getting any titanium or hard coal or anything, let alone gems and lucents like I expected.

Please disregard, I failed to notice the new world profile for multiverse worlds.

However I don’t see oort seams in the release notes. Is that coming in a future testing update?

How do i see if my universe is public, its not in the list of published universe.
But i got no error when filled in the ip.

Oort seams have been available in testing for a long time now. I don’t think they’ve settled on how to make it mineable tho. Has to be properly balanced to make it not entirely better option of getting Oort

1 Like

with the new exp cap, will the death penatly which takes 10% of max exp, increase to 300k exp for level 190+?
If so, that would be doom for anyone lv190+

1 Like

There is a new Defeat Penalty removal brew.

You need to tick the public option and assuming the main server can contact your universe then the world will be listed in the public section.

although im against it, all these to do is create oort meteorites in the ground of planets ranging from mild to super hostile planets , they can be kept inside dungeons with simple pve waves and depending on the planet you get to mine alot but auto mining has to be disabled and whatnot

Which are crafted from meteor ichors - so still screwed.

6 Likes