Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

i dont read every post after my post ^^ but i read every post before and no one else say this before me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

but here a short overview for the cubit cost now

Level XP for the Level XP Sum Cubits XP pro Cubit Factor
50 200.000 3.304.900 300 666,7 1,0
100 832.000 27.620.900 550 1512,7 2,3
150 1.897.000 94.575.900 800 2371,3 3,6
180 2.744.000 164.226.900 950 2888,4 4,3
190 2.744.000 191.666.900 1000 2744,0 4,1

edit: from level 51-190 you get 91.350 Cubits (81.575 till 180)

3 Likes

Maybe it is just fix :smiley: When I first time read patch notes of launch I understood those so that cleanse points would be awarded to level 50

i never see that i would give no cleanse but now it give for sure

every level 2 skill and 1 cleanse point

but with the new level system you need more afford for more points but you dont need them so much like before

Here is quote from patch notes.

1 Like

I played all night and really like the weapons too. I agree there should be a charged attack, then would add variation in the swing angle for a cooler feel and a jumping thrust attack. You could even make it part of the progression…

No skill = overhand swing
Melee 1 = follow-up backhand swing with a slight low-to-high angle (then back to overhand)
Melee 2 = finishing forehand swing with a wider, outward arc that can hit other mobs in its path, also sweeping low-to-high to round out the combo. This combo would explain the increased speed and damage.

Melee Epic adds a charged attack

New epic skill adds the thrust attack that replaces the first swing either when you’re in the air at all (allowing you to drop on an enemy) or when you attack within a second or so of pressing the jump button. This attack is harder to land accurately so it has 100% crit rate and double crit damage… think Brad Pitt in Troy :sunglasses:

4 Likes

no like i say it in the top post ^^

They weren’t after level 180-190. Only cubits.

Oh dear. I’ve been slowly solo building my city of Endor on Antar VI since PS4 launch in 2018. I’m currently on a break until I get my PS5, but unless the cubit rewards are significantly increased from the currently proposed rates I can’t see myself returning to undertake that level of grind:(

10 Likes

I’m attempting to keep up with posts about this, but is it confirmed that this system will apply to the mmo and not just local?

I don’t think the devs are trying to make it harder to gain cubits. Better to start testing with a bad ratio they can improve upon to even things out than to start with a bunch of extra cubits and making us grumpy when they pull it back.

2 Likes

I believe it’s for live, the progression system.
@DutchOfSorissi

But 1000 cubits for 3 mil xp.

Your a builder dutch, how many blocks would you have to lay to get 3 mil xp? Lol

2 Likes

from 0-201

201 - and more

seems like the cap it now at 380 skill and 194 cleanse point

highest xp for placing a block i know is deco lucent with 44xp per block with no pie etc

1 Like

Is that a new character for the testing or a character from last testing. Because it will affect the numbers. I had to make new character to doing testing correctly.

complete new extra for this test just created

lucent deco blocks needed for level up the 2,744m xp => 62.364

I wasn’t able to get more than 360 skill points…

Dude I just did a ceiling out of ice and stone chiseled every block to a half slab. Ceiling is maybe 8 blocks up so I had to keep creeping along and lining up the chisel each time. I wanted to cry when I saw after like an hour that placing and double chiseling nearly 800 blocks didn’t get me the daily xp hit- with a teaching pie on.

So in that case it would take 250,000 blocks of ice, chiseled twice, to level up. Lol. But that’s a ridiculous scenario and I’m just predicting that upon release we will be earning cubits at the same rate as we are today.

2 Likes

again a new character
level 181 - 362 skill points - 185 cleanse points and 91530 cubits
level 191 - 380 skill points - 194 cleanse points and 101350 cubits
level 201 - 380 skill points - 194 cleanse points and 111350 cubits

like in the top picture

1 Like

All this sounds great and will make it feel like I’m using a weapon rather then waving a stick. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I hope your right. Cause current rate the 3mil+ is around 4500 cubits I believe.

But this is something that is a major issue for people that are builders. The xp gain is just so incredibly low, and not sure how that could be fixed.

5 Likes

Titans! Monster variety, different playable races… the list goes on awhile.

1 Like

Yea what we have now is what I was expecting but nonetheless was hoping for some sweet combos, even just for aesthetics’ sake. Knew I’d eventually be posting some ideas for it.

If chiseling blocks gave a flat rate per chisel rather than per block, I’d be perfectly content. I use so much raw rock and ice and feel like I’m being cheated out of xp for the same amount of work. Why promote builders limiting themselves to blocks that already give much higher xp for placing them? I think they did it to prevent xp farming on natural blocks but it hurts builders overall more than allowing some people to cheat.

8 Likes