Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

giphy (2)

12 Likes

15 Likes

9 Likes

Seriously?
Please don’t complain of bugs if they release it ahead of time :smiley:
I can forsee "help, lost my cubits / XP / plots / chars " on the Support thread :slight_smile:
Trust me, it is better to iron it out before it goes into production.

Regards,

5 Likes

funny-iron-man-literal

10 Likes

9 Likes

giphy (3)

5 Likes

At least this is anxious anticipation, not angery rushing, this time.

3 Likes

Literally almost no one is on the test server during the times i have logged in over the past month.

3 Likes

As I mentioned elsewhere on the forums I’ve been messing with local universes for a few days now. My entire computer freezes or the initialization process bugs out about 2/3rds of the time.

Definitely a ways off from release.

2 Likes

I just don’t go test server because I already tested what’s available that I’m interested in, once the next test update is released then I will be on it. Assuming this is same for many people.

Also hate reinstalling my mods lol

5 Likes

From what I can tell, it seems like this is part of the hold up. James commented recently about the issue.

It would be nice if the update could be split in two: gear + skill point changes now, then new world configs/types once things are worked out. Maybe the two are tied together somehow and it has to come in the same update. I dunno.

12 Likes

Agreed

(10char.)

1 Like

Did you try deleting the configs in the documents folder and starting from scratch? I could have swore that last post you made with the screen shot seem to indicate the issue was with a local config file.

2 Likes

:100: This

5 Likes

It was. With a nonexistent file. I made a support post about it a while ago and didn’t really get a response. At the gym now so I can’t really look up the old post.

This is sad.

Regards,

I wouldn’t blame players for a lack of desire to play on test servers.
That was once the job of Quality Assurance people. Public Betas were once used during ‘polishing’ phases. But nowadays, more and more game studios tend to rely on their players do QA tests and reports for free, out of passion for their games.

4 Likes

1ad6192fd3b8264d1af896ed405186d4

6 Likes

I don’t play on test servers anymore because I have found that my feedback rarely makes any difference. Most devs are confident in whatever game play changes they wish to make, and anything outside of reporting a game breaking bug tends to get ignored.

Legal Disclaimer: My statement is refering to testing servers in general, and not any particular testing server or group of devs.

9 Likes