Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

Have teaching pies been altered for the new exp?

Realise I can check in testing but thought I would ask, not seen it on the notes.

On testing now and one thing I noticed so far is the Max effectiveness for crafting in the forge has been reduced, is this meant to be the case? (or was it always capped at 165%)

What are you forging?

For example:
Gem tool flexibility (max forger):
Diamond - 200
Emerald - 200
Sapphire - 197
Topaz - 165
Amethyst - ???

2 Likes

Should depend on the item / material you are forging + skills and power if I am remembering right.

1 Like

Lol sorry because I was doing topaz, not used to it in live

1 Like

Is there any way on the give menu to get forged gear? as the rng seems against me even in testing…

It happens, I miss the days when all gem types stacked with each other. So you could have a diamond hammer at beginning of stack and everything would be 200%.

3 Likes

I do not believe so

Im not sure about the energy bar for the sheild, is that really needed?

Also Pies are still capped at 200,000 it seems, should they scale with level, or be raised to 500,000 so you can at least get half a level with a pie…

Teaching pies are a fixed amount, so not sure why they would add scaling.

1 Like

Teaching pies were changed from time based to double gains to double next 70k xp character can earn and with full zeal it will be 105k. So right now it can give 210 000 xp. I don’t see why it would change when cubits are scaled anyway.

3 Likes

That’s what we need, a teaching pie to last a whole level.

Can you imagine, “I’ve used two teaching pies this month man, so craaazyyy” :rofl:

But a level now will be over 1mill xp, yes the cubits are scaled but you get less cubits per pie.

I suppose that is the point though, need to get on and level some more…

1 Like

Also want to say I much prefer the new skill system, will be great for people wanting to work from one character, and I love the idea of expert hunters who can use all weapons etc…

2 Likes

Cubits are not really scaled though. Not to the ratio we have in live anyway. iirc from the time I spent in testing, you get 1000 cubits when you level up after max level has been reached, which takes roughly 5 times more XP. Compared to getting 300 cubits for 200k XP. We are short of at least 500 cubits for the same XP gained/work put in

5 Likes

Exactly why im going to try and get as many levels as possible before its relesed… then they will go and release it with more cubits or less exp, but hey, just in-case.

giphy

6 Likes

9 Likes

troy

7 Likes

Regards,

9 Likes