Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

This patch will not come before 2025 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@james - Is it possible to get a status update on current situation? (this is an inquiry, not a demand :slight_smile: ) What are the challenges we’re facing? It seems we’re all getting a little anxious and a few words from you would definitely cool spirits down.
Good news or bad news is better than no news. Hope it is possible to get a hint / update.
Much appreciated!

Regards,

9 Likes

If only :’(

1 Like

Hindsight is 2020.

…wait–

No not the devil number there are three so far
2019 2020 2021

The exact opposite would make more sense. If we gain plots slower before level 50 then the rate jumps after, we will satisfy more players who enjoy the game enough to get to 50. Especially if it’s made clear that the game rewards those who stick around.

It’s a different universe than it was at launch. Players aren’t forced into natural progression since you can find aoe hammers anywhere now.

And haven’t we already learned that we can’t keep nerfing the game around those roguish few that cheat? The nerfs hurt everyone multiple times over.

Before nerfs: Stunner had “too many plots” in some opinions. Hundreds/thousands of players were maybe getting just enough to get by. Did we care that Stunner had too many? No, never heard of him.

After nerfs: Stunner gets less plots. Hundreds/thousands now gain less than they need to continue building and they stop playing. They don’t immediately rage quit, they spend a couple weeks grinding without cheating, but are playing the game for a different reason than they bought it and gradually don’t feel compelled to play every day.

If someone commits insurance fraud and is caught, they go to jail. The insurance industry doesn’t start charging double and stop covering half the things they used to.

9 Likes

Yeah I definitely agree to that. A possible solution could be diminishing returns, if someone gets, say, more than 10 levels per day after level 50? I don’t know. Something something, powerfarming, something solution something.

1 Like

You been buying all my fossils on arie lol? Tbh I knew about this, and that at 3.3c people can mint the essence for more, I just preferred to gain the xp from all my extractors had and when they had full queues dump the spare fossils in a stand then let someone profit from the essence too.

I mine 5-10ss of large fossils a day so there’s usually plenty of fossils left to sell and essence in stands foo

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Nurfing everything just makes the game more of a grind. Start doing the reverse would work for me. Even simple glass 900 of each sand and silt to get 450. To me it’s crazy. There so many recipes asking for way to much. On top of that lets nurf the game more.

4 Likes

So this is the 3rd topic I’ve gotten heated on. Last one was beacon compactness which I disagreed with (at least the scale of it) despite knowing that it wouldn’t affect me. First one happened to be glass, and I’m glad you brought that up because it was the most glaring case of the grindophilic players dominating the discussion.

If anyone wants to go back to that thread and dig through all the arguments, you’ll see comments suggesting to add more clear glass to the recipes, because those players had so much glass they didn’t know what to do with it. The glass input was increased as a direct result of that. A small handful of our peers with a rare perspective felt they had so much clear glass that they actually wanted to get rid of it.

Once the final recipe was posted, not long before the update released, I sat here like :flushed: “This can’t be real”… So I argued. Too late. Did the population increase because everyone loved how much work they had to do for 50 plain colored glass? Doubt it.

Seriously has anyone here tried to tell someone about the game and said “Best part is, it takes a week of labor to be able to build for a week, which really helps to suppress the population to a minimum!”

Why not throw a rebalanced version of the game on the testing server between major updates and ask people of different demographics/playstyles to spend a little time on there?

11 Likes

I promised myself I wouldn’t go into rants anymore and I’m particularly struggling not to go into one right now. So I’m going to try to only say this, I’m expecting the worse but hoping for the best.

3 Likes

Smart for me I’m hopeful but in irl I say hope for the best prepare for the worst

2 Likes

I am happy the way the game is now. Few more blocks be cool. And other stuff. But I cannot see a update being close at all. So I am happy leveling up to get my plots while I can.got a good 6 months too level up I reckon.

2 Likes

Once a day, I raid BUTT for Large Fossil <=50c :slight_smile:
Are you the one from whom I purchased 12000 fossils?
I need 5-6 stacks a day.

Regards,

go on saller-staffed hunts

did the input for glass-making go up like a yearish ago? i remember being suprised and pissed off by only geing 450 glass from full input stacks after i’d gone hrough the glass i’d reclaimed from my big greenhouse build

no. don’t punish people or having chunky schedules while everyone else is 9 to 5.

2 Likes

I think message was about those coloured glass blocks & panes.
I think glass block recipe has been same whole release time, on EA it did require compact silty and probably gave more.

1 Like

throw in everything since october 1980 imo

EA being the other price makes sense w/the timing, thanks