Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

I don’t think any measures should be taken to cut someone off if they’re actively playing and gathering xp.

I’ve been thinking- if players who don’t want cubits with each level were given an option to choose coin instead, would they? Or do those same players have more coin than they know what to do with? Either way the idea is there, offer a reward option that people can choose over cubits and give everyone a reason to want to level up again.

1 Like

Dear Diary Entry #922, We have reached 5 months since setting sail for release 249 and while the waters of the test are rough we are still hopeful that we will soon find land. The stock of content packed before embarking on our journey have become stale and the passengers have started committing acts of cannibalism as the crew gives us no update as to when we will see the lands of 249.

8 Likes

Nice one not sure wether to be laughing, crying or scared or maybe all three

1 Like

Seems very much so right

Put Mint Verdant Grass out on a exo or sovereign planet I won’t care for update for next couple months boop XD

2 Likes

@BabyCookie same not really busy or even thinking about the update ill see it when ill see it as for cubits for plots if i need to ill buy them anyway (isn’t the first time :wink::smirk:).

4 Likes

when will the next update will be released

1 Like
Summary

Per the statement " If you have a question about when the next update will be released, post it in the actual update thread." from :
What’s the status of the gosh darn tootin falootin update

Im just going to post in this thread asking: " when will the next update will be released "

since there is nothing left to discuss anything else is just noise and after all everyone just wants the answer to the following question:

when will the next update will be released ?

4 Likes

It will be a while probably till the update comes

I assume it will be whenever that is resolved.

So maybe one day. Maybe never. :woman_shrugging:

Although I would like to add that it seems a bit weird to me that we would want people to come on this thread to ask about when the update comes and complain about the lack of communication from the dev team. It is just burying the info on the update and the actual testing that was done by the players on the testing server. I do not think it looks like better PR for the game if the Testing thread is full of people asking for info and, in fact, just any communication whatsover. just my opinion anyway.

7 Likes

Would standalone update Hope/Doom threads be acceptable for keeping this stuff in?

4 Likes

I think that all we need is a confirmation the update is coming eventually and they are all still developing the game

3 Likes

I really liked the idea that was suggested by someone on one of the threads of there being a pinned devs-only thread where they could just update us on what is going on with the game and progress or lack of progress.

7 Likes

I would assume that if a decision had been made to cancel an update or stop developing the game across the board that an official announcement would be made. While communication might be lacking as to our perceived delay they aren’t the type of people that wouldn’t communicate if the game was closed down on their side – especially since we saw that James was in the forum today.

Whatever the reason it obviously is a valid reason - we just don’t know it. They aren’t like holding off on the update just to try to make people mad.

9 Likes

How frequently do you want to be told this?

March 14:

Feb 28

Feb 20:
(Leaving in the “next week” bit on purpose here)

I guess it’s been another month, so we’re due for another “update is still coming” post, but complaints about no updates start within days (or hours) of an update. I think that the only thing that would actually help is release.

5 Likes

Meh see I don’t actually care I’m just talking for what I’ve seen

1 Like

I would like to know how the new local universe feature will be added.

• Will it be a DLC add-on or just available via the menu, once the update hits?
  • Will there be a fee to use the feature?
  • Will there be an ability/fee to convert/upload a planet that was created locally into a Known or Sovereign planet?
  • Will it be hosted via Boundless/Wonderstuck servers, or will people use/rent their own?
  • If the owner goes offline, will everyone else be booted/lose access while they are offline? (This happens with some similar games)
  • Will it be more like co-op gameplay where you need an invite/access code to join a server?
  • Will there be a new menu page added so people can view/select/join created worlds (ie: like Creativerse, Roblox, Terraria, etc)?
  • Or will it be 100% offline, like a single-player game?
12 Likes

I really hope they have a new tutorial for the local universe. No disrespect but the one they have now is absolutely horrible. In my opinion having a new one is a must in order to retain new players in the local universe.

• Will it be a DLC add-on or just available via the menu, once the update hits?

• Will there be a fee to use the feature?

• No - it’s included as part of the base game.
  • Will there be an ability/fee to convert/upload a planet that was created locally into a Known or Sovereign planet?

• I doubt it as this could potentially be abused
  • Will it be hosted via Boundless/Wonderstuck servers, or will people use/rent their own?

• People can either host it on their own machines or use/rent server infrastructure to run their own universe. Wonderstruck will only be hosting the main MMO universe.
  • If the owner goes offline, will everyone else be booted/lose access while they are offline? (This happens with some similar games)

• On a local universe if the owner/operator goes offline, the server will no longer be available. If hosted on a separate server, it would obviously remain online whilst the server is online.
  • Will it be more like co-op gameplay where you need an invite/access code to join a server?

• Universes can be set to be visible to others so that they will appear in the “Shared Universes” tab - Universe access can be password protected so only those with the required password can join.
  • Will there be a new menu page added so people can view/select/join created worlds (ie: like Creativerse, Roblox, Terraria, etc)?

• See above image
  • Or will it be 100% offline, like a single-player game?

• See above answers
15 Likes